The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What About The Children

Buddhas Hand

Republican Candidate In Arkansas Says Parents Should Seek Death Penalty Against ‘Rebellious Children’

By Judd Legum on Oct 8, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Arkgop4.jpg

A candidate for the Arkansas legislature, Charlie Fuqua, says children who don’t demonstrate “respect for parents” should be put to death, the Arkansas Times reports.Fuqua is a former member of the Arkansas legislature and has received support from the Arkansas Republican Party and two sitting members of Congress.

Here’s the key passage from Fuqua’s 2012 book, “God’s Law: The Only Political Solution“:

The maintenance of civil order in society rests on the foundation of family discipline.
Therefore, a child who disrespects his parents must be permanently removed from society in a way that gives an example to all other children of the importance of respect for parents. The death penalty for rebellious children is not something to be taken lightly.
The guidelines for administering the death penalty to rebellious children are given in Deut 21:18-21:

Fuqua helpfully notes that “This passage does not give parents blanket authority to kill their children.” Rather, parents would have to “follow the proper procedure in order to have the death penalty executed against their children.” Fuqua assures the reader that, in his view, the procedure would “rarely be used.” The threat of death would, however, “be a tremendous incentive for children to give proper respect to their parents.’

Fuqua, reached by the Huffington Post on the issue, declined to comment.

Fuqua’s book previously came under scrutiny for advocating expelling all Muslims from the United States. In response, Fuqua said he believe his view on Mulims were “fairly well-accepted by most people.”

This guy SURELY never had a kid...

kids are designed to disrespect/disobew their parents, my nephew with 1 year and 3 months runs around the house destroying everything, trying to climb the stairs, turning on and off the lights, trying to open the closet and destroy his mommy clothes, trying to destroy his mommy cellphone, tries to destroy my cellphone and my computer, pointing for everything, tries to understand who the clock works (he says "tic-tac" everytime he sees a clock :) )

and the only one with energy enought to follow him it´s me! the Uncle Rodrigo :)

Archived