The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CHL Season 2 (Now with less innovation!)

canucklax

K I can give you guys a tutorial on NHL 13

Potential star rating is a projection of how good a player will be. They're rated out of 5 and 4 and above is pretty good, 4.5 and above is like elite prospects. And also the stars will have colors so if the stars are in green, it means that the star rating is an accurate description of what the player will become. Gold stars mean that the star rating is pretty decent projection of what the player will become and red stars mean that the star rating is an inaccurate description of what the player becomes. White stars means the players has finished developping and is not a prospect anymore.

Examples of 5 star players are players like Crosby, Malkin, Datsyuk etc. 4.5 prospects are like Ryan Murray, Morgan Reilly, Nail Yakupov etc. 4.5 players are guys like Henrik and Daniel Sedin.

Player roles are a projection of the role the player should play. From watching 2BC Superb I know that you have to play that player in his role or higher than his role or else his overall will decrease. So for example if we play a player with a role such as 2nd Line FWD on the third line the next season his overall will decrease. However if we play a 2nd Line FWD on the first line he could increase if he still has room for growth. A good team needs at least 3 1st liners, 3 2nd liners, 3 3rd liners and 3 4th liners, 2 top 2 D, 2 top 4 D and 2 top 6 d as well as a starting goalie and a backup.

What UMB said about a good team requiring 3 1st liners, 3 2nd liners, 3 3rd liners etc. IMO is not true.

You can get by totally fine without a top 2 D, or having 2nd liners on your 1st line no problem in NHL 13 I find.

Hey so as people have noticed, there are certainly some guys who've been around fantasy hockey before as well as new guys. For the inexperienced guys, I'm going to be watching trades closer to make sure the game is fair, but I hope the "vets" welcome you guys and can get some young blood in FH.

With that being said, rookie gm's will be shown on the front page, and anyone who repeatedly tries to get blatantly one sided deals from them will be penalized.

Also, their will be separate Gm and Rookie Gm of the year awards at the end of the season

Archived