The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 2)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

As a FYI, a big part of this league is Free Agency. We all love the chance to sign players and half decent ones for that matter.

All/Most teams can expect to have at minimum 1 good player become a pending UFA.. Personally I have always been a fan of letting the 2 Stanley Cup final teams be able to re-sign all pending UFA's as long as it's a comparable price, so that's another things to keep in mind.

Anybody outside of the 6M+ players can start to be re-signed as of 20 game mark but more players then normal will sign after the trade deadline this season. Them waiting doesn't mean they won't sign, it means they want to see the season out a bit more to access their proper value.

Player role, position within the team, contract value, teams position in standings etc will all effect re-signing a player.

Please don't just send me a offer with nothing else, let your pending FA know you want to keep him !

I have been reading some info on LTIR

Essentially a player who is on the LTIR still has his salary count against the cap but the team is aloud to go over the cap by the same amount that player is making per year (there are a few exceptions but in this league we will follow these guidelines)

For a player to be eligible for LTIR he must be out for 24 days or more this equates to a condition of 71 in STHS

Archived