The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VAN - FLA

Huberdeau has the potential to be that great second line playmaking winger this/next year. (he can play centre and wing) and will be an great first liner in the future. Unfortunately, we are NOT getting him. Only way to see him in a Canucks jersey is on NHL13. Which reminds me...

I also wouldn't be pre-ordering your Teddy Purcell Vancouver Canuck jersey anytime soon. Look at what he's done over the last two years - especially in the 2011 playoffs - and ask yourself why TB would even consider trading him for Luongo and that contract.

I'm pretty confident that if Purcell - Purcell alone, let alone adding Aulie and a 1st, which puts this proposal in CrazyTown - was offered for Luongo, this deal would already have been done.

I do think that it is important for us to get a blue chip prospect or young player in return for Luongo (plus whatever it takes).

We have an older team and basically no one to come in and fill the gaps in the coming years. We have Schneider, and then Jensen is probably our only prospect who is likely to make a significant contribution to the team in the top of the roster. I think Gillis is of this philosophy as he went out and got Kassian who wasn't a short term fix.

We can always sign free agents here as long as we still look like contenders, so there is no need to trade for a bunch of mid-level players.

I would be totally fine trading:

To Florida:

Luongo

Hansen

Schroeder

To Vancouver:

Bjugstad

Upshall

Theodore/Clemmensen

I like Hansen, but he is a good sweetener. We get Upshall back who is a more expensive 3rd line winger. We take back a goalie, or even let Florida trade one of them to Toronto for a decent return.

I am happy to overpay for Bjugstad or a similar player who is only a year from being useful on the 3rd line and can work his way up as the Sedin's and Kesler drop in production.

I do think that it is important for us to get a blue chip prospect or young player in return for Luongo (plus whatever it takes).

We have an older team and basically no one to come in and fill the gaps in the coming years. We have Schneider, and then Jensen is probably our only prospect who is likely to make a significant contribution to the team in the top of the roster. I think Gillis is of this philosophy as he went out and got Kassian who wasn't a short term fix.

We can always sign free agents here as long as we still look like contenders, so there is no need to trade for a bunch of mid-level players.

To Florida:

Luongo

Hansen

Schroeder

To Vancouver:

Bjugstad

Upshall

Theodore/Clemmensen

I like Hansen, but he is a good sweetener. We get Upshall back who is a more expensive 3rd line winger. We take back a goalie, or even let Florida trade one of them to Toronto for a decent return.

I am happy to overpay for Bjugstad or a similar player who is only a year from being useful on the 3rd line and can work his way up as the Sedin's and Kesler drop in production.

It's pretty well-documented that Florida won't be giving up Bjugstad. Bjugstad was quoted, actually, in an article, stating that Tallon had called him up personally to let him know that he wasn't going to be traded. So I'm not sure why this "rumor" continues being discussed.

What a lot of you aren't considering is the sheer fact that Florida doesn't really need a goaltender. They won their division last year with Theodore and Clemmensen, who are both returning, and they also have one of the top young goaltending prospects there is. Lou clearly wants to be in FLA, and Tallon would likely only take him if the price was very, very low.

Decided I'm backing out of this discussion. I would be willing to read maybe 2-3 well written posts every two to three days, but I don't feel the need to read 12 or so posts in the past day. However I would like to add as a general note that if you want even a minority of CDC to think that you understand your pennies and nickles about hockey, than it would be much better served if you started proposals that are well thought out and that don't follow the typical...

Ballard+Raymond+2nd = Any player in the NHL.

Enjoy the discussion boys.

To Florida:

Luongo

Hansen

Schroeder

To Vancouver:

Bjugstad

Upshall

Theodore/Clemmensen

One other thing is who the heck plays centre for Toronto if they traded Bozak away?

Grabovski as your #1 and then moving Van Reimsdyk over as your 2nd line centre? Tim Connelly in your top 6?

There isn't much that Toronto can afford to give up that I would want. I think a lot of this is wishful thinking by the Toronto based media who just can't bring themselves to believe that Burke is going to end up with effectively the same lineup for another season. They put the Leafs in the mix for basically every available player out there.... maybe just to pander to their audience.

I like this.

With the season hanging in the balance, Bozak's value to us could instantly evaporate if the season is wiped out, and Biggs is a big interest of mine. Then you add Kadri would maybe they would deem expendable in order to get Lu (because of this issue's/politics they have went through with him).

Kadri maybe isn't the best fit as I have said but we have a spot in our line-up that he could fit wonderfully if he has improved his overall game enough. And plus, getting young player with that muck skill and upside is always exciting.

One other thing is who the heck plays centre for Toronto if they traded Bozak away?

Grabovski as your #1 and then moving Van Reimsdyk over as your 2nd line centre? Tim Connelly in your top 6?

There isn't much that Toronto can afford to give up that I would want. I think a lot of this is wishful thinking by the Toronto based media who just can't bring themselves to believe that Burke is going to end up with effectively the same lineup for another season. They put the Leafs in the mix for basically every available player out there.... maybe just to pander to their audience.

I also read that they did put Bjugstad on the table; just before the lockout.

I couldn't be bothered looking it up, cuz media is all speculation. Just like yours and mine idea's?

In the meantime, its simply fun debating what is what! What is sure, is Florida has a better centre prospect in Huberdeau, and another prospect Howden (possibly not as good as Bjuggy) they acquired with our pick from the Ballard trade. And a young functional 3rd line centre (Mathias) plying his trade with them already. And Weisse, and Goc, and Santorelli, and Mueller... They are all centres! There is a TON of logic he could be made available.

Regards! :lol:

It's pretty well-documented that Florida won't be giving up Bjugstad. Bjugstad was quoted, actually, in an article, stating that Tallon had called him up personally to let him know that he wasn't going to be traded. So I'm not sure why this "rumor" continues being discussed.

What a lot of you aren't considering is the sheer fact that Florida doesn't really need a goaltender. They won their division last year with Theodore and Clemmensen, who are both returning, and they also have one of the top young goaltending prospects there is. Lou clearly wants to be in FLA, and Tallon would likely only take him if the price was very, very low.

As to Florida's goaltending, Theodore is currently on the last year of his contract. Whether or not he will be back after this season (assuming that there is a season remains to be seen). Theodore will be 37 years old at the start of the next season. Clemmensen will be a spry 36. Perhaps Tallon would want to acquire a bit of youth in the goaltender position, and trade for Luongo?

Archived