The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Earphones (IEMs) and Headphones Fan Thread

Dazzle

Ya I've read what's been said about the dr Dre headphones. I'm looking more for comfort (want to be able to wear them lying down as well as for a while at a time) as well as good sound quality and style. For those who have the dr Dre ones, are they comfortable?

Straight forward answer, no.

If you're thinking of wearing them while watching a movie in bed or something, if you want to lay on anything but your back it gets uncomfortable. Same goes with listening to music in bed.

Personally, I can't wear them for any longer than an hour without my head starting to hurt. This is just using the noise cancellation for studying too, no music whatsoever; I don't have a big head either.

Read my long rant above (#40) if you're ever considering buying them. That being said, if you still want to you can buy mine for 225 on usedvictoria or kelowna kijiji :P you can learn the hard way!

Boxing day sales are a sham. You can get as good or even better deals throughout the year. Most places also have a price guarantee that if it goes lower in say 30 days, you get refunded the difference.

You are, in theory, correct. But I also happen to know that if I were looking for something that was already obsolete, and let's face it, I'm not exactly hitting these earbuds as they roll out, my best chance for them to try and sell out the stock is Boxing Day. But yes, in principle, I 100% agree that Boxing Day sales are a sham.

What's the best bang for buck for earphones with a budget around 20-30 dollars?

There's a lot. Look here - lol!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-267-iems-compared-fitear-to-go-334-added-12-16-12

But it really depends on the sound signature that you like. Do you prefer a bigger bass or do you prefer a more overall sound, even willing to compromise bass a little? (But not too much!)

Only slightly out of your price range, I happened to be looking through the flyers of London Drugs that happened to be selling Shure SE102s for $39.99. I didn't pick one up but I am tempted to listen to them.

They are entry-level earphones and it seems that LD has had them on sale before at least last year. Might be good to throw around (not literally).

Upon the reviews I read, some people say that the bass isn't very much, though the big bass doesn't necessarily mean "audio quality".

But one reviewer notes that its mids and highs are good, especially at its price point, so that means vocals and instrumentals, I expect, will be crispy.

Its build quality is said to be very very good though.

What is your favourite style(s) of music?

Holy hell I could never imagine paying $500 for headphones. Even $300 is crazy price.

Holy hell I could never imagine paying $500 for headphones. Even $300 is crazy price.

Sennheiser IE 60's are currently half price at $149 (regular $299) at NCIX and they also have had excellent reviews.

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=77109&vpn=IE60&manufacture=Sennheiser%20Electronics&promoid=1285

Review:

http://unleashthephones.com/2012/08/25/sennheiser-ie-60-review/

I was wondering if anyone here tried out Urbanears headphones before??

The lower priced ones are terrible. Sound quality is decent and they're decently comfortable, but my friend broke two pairs last year before giving up on them. Wasn't even rough with them.

Of course, that's only for the lower quality ones (60 dollars ish I think?)

Havent heard much of the higher end model. Looks pretty decent.

I said decent waay too much in this post.

Those are so nice but I am having a hell of a time thinking of spending that much on headphones for the gym. I am tempted though won't lie.

As i mentioned in page 2 of this thread I had recently received these headphones, after a couple of weeks of listening (they are almost fully burnt in now) they sound absolutely fantastic. They aren't as nice as the IE80s that's for sure, but they are half the price. Well worth the $150 for sure.

There's a lot. Look here - lol!

http://www.head-fi.o...-added-12-16-12

But it really depends on the sound signature that you like. Do you prefer a bigger bass or do you prefer a more overall sound, even willing to compromise bass a little? (But not too much!)

Only slightly out of your price range, I happened to be looking through the flyers of London Drugs that happened to be selling Shure SE102s for $39.99. I didn't pick one up but I am tempted to listen to them.

They are entry-level earphones and it seems that LD has had them on sale before at least last year. Might be good to throw around (not literally).

Upon the reviews I read, some people say that the bass isn't very much, though the big bass doesn't necessarily mean "audio quality".

But one reviewer notes that its mids and highs are good, especially at its price point, so that means vocals and instrumentals, I expect, will be crispy.

Its build quality is said to be very very good though.

What is your favourite style(s) of music?

I don't care much for bass and I generally listen to just pop music, or "radio music". I prefer a more overall sound quality type of earphones Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll give it a look (:

I don't listen to music when I'm out of the house, so the only headset I own at the moment is the Razer Megalodon headset.

Sound quality is pretty nice, noise cancellation is decent. Really comfortable.

Bought it for $100.00. Pretty satisfied. Now I'm looking at the Logitech G35. Hoping that goes on sale this holiday season.

Archived