The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 Create a Player

UMB

Looks like I just made spot 19 :) I would like my name to be Jordan Schroder

time for him to re enter the draft!

Thanks

This is going to be fun!

Are you sure you don't want to be Jordan Schroeder? I mean that's how his name is spelt

Get ready for the offensive defenceman, soon to be rocking NHL goaltender's worlds, #77, MIKE SHAMROCK. Starting with the Winterhawks this year, he's an addition to an already star studded defence, consisting of Seth Jones, Derrick Pouliot, and Tyler Wotherspoon.

Update on this: We should be looking at a start on Saturday or Sunday next week. Depends on how many players I can create on Friday and Saturday.

Not sure on how many people I want to permit so far.

Update on this: We should be looking at a start on Saturday or Sunday next week. Depends on how many players I can create on Friday and Saturday.

Not sure on how many people I want to permit so far.

What you should do is see how long it takes to create one person and then see how much time you want to put into this and then you should have a number of players who you will put in. Do you want the people on the wait list to create people anyways?

What you should do is see how long it takes to create one person and then see how much time you want to put into this and then you should have a number of players who you will put in. Do you want the people on the wait list to create people anyways?

Creating a player won't take that long, it's just inputting the numbers into the system. It's the fact that I'll have to be posting more updates on more people that would take longer when we have started the sim

http://www.random.org/integers/?num=2&min=1&max=5&col=5&base=10&format=html&rnd=new

I'll be using that to generate a random number between 1 and 5

1 = 3.5 medium accuracy

2 = 3.5 high accuracy

3 = 4 stars medium accuracy

4 = 4.5 stars low accuracy

5 = 4.5 stars medium accuracy

I'll be picking the highest of your two numbers. So if you get 5 and 3, your player's potential will be 4.5 gold stars. If you get 1 and 2 your player will be 3.5 green stars.

I won't tell you what potential you get until you retire.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al-XLy9aPIFRdDJtWmdQMHIzV1JURllNYTZYWUhQVkE#gid=26

Here is the Create a Player Template!

Each one of us 20 people have a sheet on there!

Please find your own sheet, it will say your player's name as well as your CDC display name!

After you find it please fill in the information! Refer to the Example Sheet as a guide!

DO NOT TOUCH THE CELLS IN YELLOW!! If the cell is highlighted in yellow, DO NOT TOUCH IT. It has a formula in it and it will f*ck up if you mess with it!

Only edit your sheet, and your sheet only! DO NOT TOUCH OTHER PEOPLES SHEETS!

Basically to fill in your sheet there is first a natural abilities section. The lowest you can go in a section is 36, the highest you can go is 86. You fill this in according to how you want your player to be. So for example, if you want your player to have a good shot and good passing, you make Offense 1 high. If you want him to be slow then put a lower number for Fitness. The numbers must add up to 365 for the natural abilities section.

Once you have filled in the natural abilities section, you will be able to fill in the rest of the sections. Note that the number you put for the natural abilities section will be reflected when you go and put in your attributes. The higher the number you put in for natural abilities the more you will be able to work with when you get to the individual attributes.

For example if you put 86 for Offense 1 in your natural abilites section, you will have 430 attributes to work with. The most you can put in one attribute is 99, the least would be 36.

I know this sounded confusing but just try and do your spreadsheet and if you can't feel free to ask me.

People who have played IT's game should be able to understand, it's mostly the new people that I think might have trouble with.

I'm putting a deadline of Thursday at 5:00 PM PST for all 20 people to have their sheets in. If there is anyone who hadn't filled in their spreadsheet by then, I will open up spots for people on the waitlist.

Thank you guys!

I'm currently working on the player progression sheet which you guys won't be able to see until the retirement of the players but for now I'm looking at a Friday/Saturday start if that's okay with you guys

Archived