The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler MONTHS away from playing

Strombone1

I wonder how big of a push Gillis made for Turris last year if it all? We are pretty lacking at centre now, Schroeder IMO won't ever be much of an impact player and Gaunce is a few years out.

If the season started today Lappy would be our 2nd line centre. Is there any decent 3rd line centres that are UFA's still?

BIG SUPRISE!!!!!!!

So Kesler has months and months of rehab to do to be back to 100 percent. Isn't it convenient that he keeps getting paid his full salary this whole time if he says he's injured. Even more convenient that his agent is jumping up and down too.

I guarantee if the lockout ended middle of Janaury, Kesler would be ready within a week. It would be a miracle! But if the season gets canceled, Kesler says he's injured till March or April, the end of the season.

By the way, is Edler still supposedly injured too?

-Jagori

Again, what planet does this happen on?

Voracek is a better developing player than Hodgson is (2 years more experience, more production (38-, 50-, and 46-point seasons under his belt at the time of the trade, more projected upside, no health concerns, etc.) and Columbus also added the 8th overall pick and a 3rd round pick to get Carter. Voracek > Hodgson and 8th overall + 3rd rounder >>>>> Hansen.

Then LAK traded a top pair defenseman in Jack Johnson who is in his mid-20s on a long-term deal with a very nice cap hit and a 1st round pick for Carter. The equivalent of that would be us trading Edler and a 1st for Carter (Edler being a better dman than Johnson, but the pending UFA status would diminish his value to roughly that of Johnson's, possibly lower). Hodgson and Hansen is not equivalent to Jack Johnson and a 1st.

These suggestions that we could have landed an impact Top 6 forward in his mid-20s for Hodgson are simply asinine.

Guest Gumballthechewy

yea...having not played since june, going through surgery, and perhaps coming back in april...you think he can activate beast mode just like that....sorry not happening

For an example of rest being great for entering the playoffs, all you have to do is look at how Dave Bolland did against us after sitting all that time out. Another great example would be Forsberg's tremendous 2002 run, in which he sat out the entire regular season.

If a team can afford to sit out a star player for a season and still make the playoffs, then they should try it. (Not that it's on purpose.) Thing is, the Canucks likely can't. The west will be tighter than ever.

Over time I'm getting the picture that Kesler doesn't like it all that much in Vancouver. There's always something. Is it AV? Sure he's been injured but what he states and what the club states is always a little off isn't it? There seems to be an underlying level of displeasure in the Kesler camp. Am I the only one getting this feeling?

Over time I'm getting the picture that Kesler doesn't like it all that much in Vancouver. There's always something. Is it AV? Sure he's been injured but what he states and what the club states is always a little off isn't it? There seems to be an underlying level of displeasure in the Kesler camp. Am I the only one getting this feeling?

Archived