The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey is Ours - Nike Commercial

Baercheese

Great commercial. They've had some solid campaigns. Their "Force Fate" one during the Olympics was a beauty also.

For players like Stamkos, Subban, and Scheifele, the Nike sponsorship is just one of many that they will accumulate in their respective careers. But for Tessa Bonhomme, it is not only a great chance to boost the image of her sport, it is also a way for her to get some financial support while she trains and is a full time athlete. It's great that Nike is being inclusive of hockey players in all different areas of the sport. They do great work in sponsoring members of the women's national team.

Who needs the NHL , theres great hockey to be watched from the heat to giants and to be honest a part of me would love to see the NHL just fold because apparently the owners cant seem to finically manage there business any way and makes me wonder how they ever made enough money to be in a situation to purchase one

I can survive without the NHL, but I would go insane if I were locked out of my local arena, unable to actually play.

This is my favourite anti-lockout/hockey commercial. Never actually adresses the lockout (other than the title) but it really makes you proud to play hockey and be Canadian.

I can survive without the NHL, but I would go insane if I were locked out of my local arena, unable to actually play.

This is my favourite anti-lockout/hockey commercial. Never actually adresses the lockout (other than the title) but it really makes you proud to play hockey and be Canadian.

Nike proves that multi-billion dollar global corporations are better than billionaire owners at getting millionaire athletes to sell crap.

I am not siding with the players now because of this stupid ad, not that i ever would. I am not siding with the owners either. Frankly, they all need to pay. And unlike how it may be taken out in the US, i'm not going to resort to gun violence. A simple boycott will do. Not a penny of mine goes to the NHL for the foreseeable future, including tickets, merch, tv packages, or buying sponsor crap either.

Nike? I can live without your overpriced garbage, you freakin' sweatshop-owning hypocrites. You freakin' holier-than-thou bs spokescorporation for millionaires trying to relate to the common man through wasteful consumerism. You mass-polluting, money-grubbing, elitist, fascist pig conglomeration of shady, soul-selling douchebags.

Screw them. Screw the league. And screw the players too.

Archived