mcgillnuck

1. Django Unchained

2. The Hobbit

3. Ted

4. The Raid: Redemption

5. The Avengers

6. Prometheus

7. The Dark Knight Rises

im guessing life of pi, les mis, and cloud atlas will make this list once i see them. i heard wreck-it ralph is good too.

I thought Moonrise Kingdom was one of the worst movies of the year. Couldn't get through 30 mins of it. My family was laughing on how highly rated it was. On the other hand we just finished watching Pitcher Perfect and I thought it was actually pretty good. A lot better than I thought it was going to be.

Earlier you said you watched 21 Jump Street and said it was much better than expected yet it's garbage? I don't see you posting a list. I bet you really enjoyed watching Argo and it's already known ending before the movie ever started right?

I was replying to a comment about 21 Jump Street .

I said it was better then I expected; but does NOT mean it was a good movie.

I haven't had a chance to see Argo, but I can bet without hesitation that it will be better then the Avengers, 21 jump street or TDKR.

Just because I know the ending of a movie doesn't hinder it - because if that was the case, I wouldn't see Lincoln (because he dies at the end), I wouldn't see Django (because I predicted the ending), I wouldn't see Dark Zero Thirty (because Osama dies at the end).... I could go on.

I haven't posted a list because I haven't seen all the movies I want to see that were released in 2012 - as I haven't see Moonrise Kingdom, Life of Pi, Les Miserables, Silver Lining Playbook, Argo, or Zero Dark Thirty.

Honestly - you are barking up the wrong tree. I am a cine-file and will argue films into the ground. ( if you are gonna argue 'how are you a cinefile, when you haven't seen all those movies yet?' - I have something called a life that doesn't allow me to watch all movies the week they come out)

But I don't think I will have to worry of too much of a constructive argument - seeing as you had 21 Jump Street, The Hunger Games, Goon and John Carter in your top 11 films.

I was replying to a comment about 21 Jump Street .

I said it was better then I expected; but does NOT mean it was a good movie.

I haven't had a chance to see Argo, but I can bet without hesitation that it will be better then the Avengers, 21 jump street or TDKR.

Just because I know the ending of a movie doesn't hinder it - because if that was the case, I wouldn't see Lincoln (because he dies at the end), I wouldn't see Django (because I predicted the ending), I wouldn't see Dark Zero Thirty (because Osama dies at the end).... I could go on.

I haven't posted a list because I haven't seen all the movies I want to see that were released in 2012 - as I haven't see Moonrise Kingdom, Life of Pi, Les Miserables, Silver Lining Playbook, Argo, or Zero Dark Thirty.

Honestly - you are barking up the wrong tree. I am a cine-file and will argue films into the ground. ( if you are gonna argue 'how are you a cinefile, when you haven't seen all those movies yet?' - I have something called a life that doesn't allow me to watch all movies the week they come out)

But I don't think I will have to worry of too much of a constructive argument - seeing as you had 21 Jump Street, The Hunger Games, Goon and John Carter in your top 11 films.

You should argue about film then, don't sit here and threaten to argue about it. If you have a case as to why X, Y, Z are bad, then state the case. Don't sit here and say "you have bad taste!" or whatever.

And come on. You want to see Moonrise Kingdom, but your life is too busy to allow it? It came out in May of 2011, and leaked online like 4 months ago. Argo has been available since Oct or so. Life of Pi has been in theaters since November.

I'll just assume you're against pirating, though.

Ya because a comedy isn't a good movie... Oh, unless it was directed by Wes Anderson... I don't need to argue with you but people that think movies are garbage because they aren't serious or the cinematography wasn't as good as such and such a movie need to learn how to appreciate a movie for it's entertainment value.

I suppose if you enjoy going to a movie just to critique it, whatever, but that's not me, hence my list.

And as far as Argo's concerned, despite the acting and directing being good,

it tries to make the situation seem tense, as if they're not going to make it, but you already know they do

which just left me with a sense of it being a boring movie.

Not against pirating at all - its how I watch the majority of my movies and shows.

Moonrise kingdom has been sitting on my computer to be watched for about 3 months, just haven't had a chance. (I assume the May 2011 is a typo)

Yes - I have been too busy to watch those movies right when they come out; but seeing as I play hockey 2-3 times a week, doing P90X, and I am married - free time can come at a premium.

Also - you haven't posted a list either.

Yeah man. Entertaining movies blow balls. Screw being able to enjoy comedy.

Earlier you said you watched 21 Jump Street and said it was much better than expected yet it's garbage? I don't see you posting a list. I bet you really enjoyed watching Argo and it's already known ending before the movie ever started right?

I had it as my 3rd best. And what I consider best I consider most entertaining, so feel free to have a problem with what I find entertaining - something I'd want to watch again - if you like, you still haven't posted a list from the movies you've seen so far.

Archived