The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

X Men Days of Future Past - 8/10

Surprised myself with how much I liked this one. It was dark and violent in the way that X Men is supposed to be. Would have given 9/10 if they hadn't taken such ridiculous liberties with the design of the Sentinels, especially the 1970s ones that look liked Dysun Vacuums

watched it tonight with a bunch of friends .. I dont know who told you this was a masterpiece ... it was a masterpiece of crap !

I can't believe that anyone would think this movie did anything but suck away 2 hours of precious life .

I noticed that the 2 co stars were also given production credits . Im guessing it was the only way that they would accept making this horrible film . 2 / 10

Oh my god, I want a word with whoever taught you how to use punctuation.

I just watched Think Like a Man on tv the other day. Terrible movie. 5/10

I'm genuinely interested. If a 5/10 is considered "terrible," what is a 1-4/10 considered?

Also, what movies would you put into the 1-4/10 category if worse then "Think Like a Man?"

How to Train Your Dragon 2 (3D)- 8.5/10

Great movie, I thought the first one was better but the movie was still very good. The animation on this one is amazing, the way the dragons looked and everything was very cool. The 3D effects weren't as great as the first one, but they were still good. The villain in this movie was a badass, very devious but he wasn't in the movie enough for me. The ending was awesome though, Toothless was super cool. It dragged at certain points but it was still an entertaining animated movie.

Oh my god, I want a word with whoever taught you how to use punctuation.

I really can't stand people like you on this board . You bring absolutely nothing to the conversation .

I need no lessons from you Log loser lady .

Go and play on the punctuation message board nerd ball .

• Upvote 1

Malificent (I hope I spelt that right) 9/10

Maleficent - 8/8.5

Angelina Jolie was magnificent as Maleficent....and I'm surprised to hear myself saying that. What a role & what a character. I love twisted fairytales. Makes me think about the stories we read as kids....we'd dream-it-up different & re-tell it in our own way, better.... or not, later. LOL.

Edited by viking mama

Going to 22 Jump Street tonight. Good distraction from Kesler talk.

Million Ways to Die in the West: fell asleep/10

I feel asleep around the time that he challenges NPH to a duel. Seth Macfarlane looks a little too weird to be on-screen....and not in an Adrian Brody 'you have a uniquely shaped face' kind of weird. More like an "I don't want to see that" weird.

I'm genuinely interested. If a 5/10 is considered "terrible," what is a 1-4/10 considered?

Also, what movies would you put into the 1-4/10 category if worse then "Think Like a Man?"

For what it's worth, I thought Think Like a Man was one of the least terrible movies of its genre I had seen in some time. I laughed a fair bit - particularly at the stereotypical white friend.

I'd say a 6 - you know, 1 more than "terrible".

For what it's worth, I thought Think Like a Man was one of the least terrible movies of its genre I had seen in some time. I laughed a fair bit - particularly at the stereotypical white friend.

I'd say a 6 - you know, 1 more than "terrible".

I stay away from "those" movies like the plague. However, it wasn't his review of 5/10 that I was questioning, just that he would qualify a 5/10 as "terrible". But I also understand that people rate movies differently than I do, as a 5/10 for me is "just worth watching, but not a rewatch".

As for Kevin Hart, I have only seen him in two movies, "The 40 Year Old Virgin" and "Death At A Funeral". His bit part in 40 Year Old Virgin was terrific. However, Death At A Funeral was absolutely horrific, which was because he was in the US remake of the far superior UK version.

Transformers 4 - 5/10

I was/am a big G1 fan, grew up with the stuff and other than Revenge of the Fallen I have been entertained, if not impressed by their big screen adaptations. Transformers 4: Age of Extinction adds nothing new to the game, and even though it runs at nearly 3 hours long, it only serves to set up future sequels.

It is exactly what the previous 3 were; loud, dizzying and over the top non-stop action. Wahlberg, imo, is leaps and bounds better than Shia in the leading role, and Nicola Pelz plays the eye candy role to the bar set by Mrs. Fox.

It's All Gone Pete Tong - 7/10

Watched this nearly a month ago and for some reason just never got around to reviewing it. Interesting enough premise to keep one interested throughout, so it's worth watching. There are a few missteps along the way, which interrupts the flow. At times I wasn't sure if the filmmaker was trying to makea mockumentary or a film, as he bounces back and forth between "talking heads" and a "normal" film. All in all, though, Michael Dowse crafted an interesting film, terrifically acted by Paul Kaye.

Edited by Monty