The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

• 4 weeks later...

The Green Knight

I was really looking forward to this pre COVID, then it gets delayed and finally I get to see it.  It's not an easy movie to review though, as it has a very slow pacing to it and is remarkably quiet.  It is probably one of the best in terms of cinematography I've seen in a good long time-every scene is well crafted.  Closest comparable for me is Winding-Refn's  Valhalla Rising  so if you enjoy that sort of quiet, drawn out epic you'll probably really enjoy the Green Knight.  If not, you'll probay dislike it.

9/10

4 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

The Green Knight

I was really looking forward to this pre COVID, then it gets delayed and finally I get to see it.  It's not an easy movie to review though, as it has a very slow pacing to it and is remarkably quiet.  It is probably one of the best in terms of cinematography I've seen in a good long time-every scene is well crafted.  Closest comparable for me is Winding-Refn's  Valhalla Rising  so if you enjoy that sort of quiet, drawn out epic you'll probably really enjoy the Green Knight.  If not, you'll probay dislike it.

9/10

Cool,

I've been waiting to see it ever since you posted the trailer.

Thanks, will look for it. 

• Cheers 1

The Empty Man - I enjoyed it, some very creepy and sinister moments. It does try to cram a bit too much in to the story though, some elements perhaps not for the better. The resolution of the story at the end, I felt could have been told better on screen. But over all, I enjoyed it.

7.5/10

Wrath Of Man - 8/10

Guy Ritchie's latest film. I enjoyed it. Opening scene didn't feel as well acted as the rest of the movie, but an interesting way to work through the story was used.

Free Guy - 8/10

As one IMDB user described it, Ready Player Truman. Seems an apt enough description. Was pretty interesting, even if it was a bit flawed. Plenty of good humor.

I love alien invasion movies but if you want to see the winner for:

WORST SCRIPT

WORST INTERPRETATION OF A STORY

WORST DIALOGUE 

WORST FACIAL EXPRESSIONS 

WORST CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT 

WORST ACTING

WORST……JUST WORST EVERYTHING

Then this movie is for you, don’t say I didn’t warn you.

F4BD06AF-02AE-4FD8-993F-08FE9F2C4198.jpeg

Edited by Dumb Nuck

Jungle Cruise from Disney

9/10 not because it was great but because it reminded me of the old Sunday night Disney movie you could see on TV. I would say it’s good for kids and adults a nice family movie maybe not for young kids as there are a couple scary parts for younger children, However it was entertaining and had a few funny parts

Snake eyes

6/10 action/adventure

it was an OK origin story for snake eyes from the G.I. Joe and the introduction of storm shadow.Keeps you entertained with some good martial art action but it just feels a little empty, not a bad movie overall though for this type of movie ….

Midnight in the Sawgrass

4.5/10 
action/crime/suspense

If you pick a movie based on the cover then this is misleading , Bruce Willis is in the movie however it’s a very minor part , main character is basically Megan fox it’s not terrible but it’s not great, it is a basic crime movie which really could be a law and order….

• 2 weeks later...