The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Storybook

BuretoMogilny

It's moments/time's like these where legends are built and storybooks are written. As a not a huge Lou fan, moreso bc its easy to forget how terrific a goalie and person he is and focus on the bad stuff the media throws in our faces I do think this would be something for the ages....

1. Season starts Mid Jan

2. Lou stays in Van as a backup as trade value we see coming back isn't great

3. Less media focus after the first few weeks as attention on him has disapated given the time away

4. Schnieds plays well but they split games with Lou playing hot as we enter a shortened season playoff.

5. Lou carries us to a cup win (shortened/asterisk who cares) and wins the Conn Smythe

Wouldn't that be something? A storybook of vidication for a man who really deserves it.

If he doesn't stay, which I think is most likely. I do hope he gets another shot. He is a terrific hockey player, was great for the community, and deserves better treatment from Vancouver for all he has done on and off the ice.

It's moments/time's like these where legends are built and storybooks are written. As a not a huge Lou fan, moreso bc its easy to forget how terrific a goalie and person he is and focus on the bad stuff the media throws in our faces I do think this would be something for the ages....

1. Season starts Mid Jan

3. Less media focus after the first few weeks as attention on him has disapated given the time away

4. Schnieds plays well but they split games with Lou playing hot as we enter a shortened season playoff.

5. Lou carries us to a cup win (shortened/asterisk who cares) and wins the Conn Smythe

Wouldn't that be something? A storybook of vidication for a man who really deserves it.

If he doesn't stay, which I think is most likely. I do hope he gets another shot. He is a terrific hockey player, was great for the community, and deserves better treatment from Vancouver for all he has done on and off the ice.

1. Season starts Mid Jan

Would have been great to see Luongo come back and win it for us, but at this point we have to be realistic.

On one hand we've got an aging goalie who hasn't played consistantly for 5 years and has been downright horrible at the most important times. On the flip side we've got a young guy who has more than paid his dues, given us nothing but stellar play everytime we put him on the ice over the last 2 years nomatter who we're playing against or what kind of pressure he's under. We've got a playoff performer vs a playoff disappearing act. A reasonable contract vs. a ball and chain. A well spoken goalie vs. one that has put his foot in his mouth repeatedly in front of media and opposition. A guy who keeps a cool head nomatter whats going on vs. a guy who collapses if the breeze hits him just right.

Its blatantly unfair for people to continue to cling to Luongo when Schneider has earned the job so many times over and Luongo has been completely unable to respond. Don't we want to be able to tell our young players that the spot on the team goes to the guy who earns it? How can we do that if Luongo continues to be our #1 goalie, nomatter how badly his "backup" is outplaying him?

Would have been great to see Luongo come back and win it for us, but at this point we have to be realistic.

On one hand we've got an aging goalie who hasn't played consistantly for 5 years and has been downright horrible at the most important times. On the flip side we've got a young guy who has more than paid his dues, given us nothing but stellar play everytime we put him on the ice over the last 2 years nomatter who we're playing against or what kind of pressure he's under. We've got a playoff performer vs a playoff disappearing act. A reasonable contract vs. a ball and chain. A well spoken goalie vs. one that has put his foot in his mouth repeatedly in front of media and opposition. A guy who keeps a cool head nomatter whats going on vs. a guy who collapses if the breeze hits him just right.

Its blatantly unfair for people to continue to cling to Luongo when Schneider has earned the job so many times over and Luongo has been completely unable to respond. Don't we want to be able to tell our young players that the spot on the team goes to the guy who earns it? How can we do that if Luongo continues to be our #1 goalie, nomatter how badly his "backup" is outplaying him?

Archived