The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposals) Van-Clb and Van-Tor adding secondary scoring.

kanucks1

To Van: Ryan Johansen, Nikita Nikitin, Boone Jenner.

To Clb: a signed Alexander Edler, Mason Raymond, 2nd 2014.

then......

To Van: Nazem Kadri, Carl Gunnersson, 1st 2013.

To Tor: Roberto Luongo, 4th 2014.

then.....

To Phi: Keith Ballard

To Van: 4th 2014.

Lineup

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Hansen

Kadri-Johansen-Kassian

Higgins-Malholtra-Lapierre

Volpatti-Jenner-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Nikitin-Garrison

Gunnersson-Tanev

Alberts

Schneider

Lack

Cap Space

with Hodgson we had so much scoring depth. Columbus is destroying Johansen's development. Johansen is from Vancouver and would be amazing with us. Same with Kadri.

I like the trades. A little skeptical on trading Edler after we have signed him long-term though.. depends on the contract details I guess. We need to do a trade like this in order to reduce some cap space and boost our (elite) prospect supply.

I doubt Kadri would slot right into our 3rd line either.. Higgins has earned that spot for now.

If we are able to sign edler why not keep him? Besides that I think the first trade is okay, but i don't think Jenner and Johansen are making our line up right away and even if they do I don't think Johansen is getting third line minutes right away.

As for the Toronto trade, I think Kadri is good but I also think that when we get him and we have a healthy Kesler, Lapiere, and Malhotra he's going to center for us on the third line. Also Higgins would be playing third line minutes because he clicks very well with Hansen and Lapiere.

As for Gunnarson I think it would be better if we utilized him on the top 4 because he has potential to be better, I'm also scared of him playing with Tanev as he is just entering our system and playing with Tanev might not be so great right away. And if i'm correct isn't Gunnarson also a Defensive defenseman.... so that would be another shut down pair of defensemen?

For Philly I think we can get more than a 4th round pick for Ballard...Come on.

Archived