The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 Lines For Canucks

Snake Doctor

Poll Question  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Knowing AV he is going to use Ebbett over Schroeder without a doubt. He even chose to play Ebbett over Hodgson in the pivot position on occasions. And considering AV has a huge discontent for young prospects who have little to no NHL experience he wont play Schroeder.

Raymond will likely get the call again in the top six, and due to AV's tendencies, he has a huge soft spot for whatever reason for Mason Raymond and more likely will keep in in the mix fighting with Chris Higgins for that spot.

As much as people want Kassian in the top six, but considering AV had a rough patch with Kassian last year with him in the doghouse early, so its safe to say he will elect to either play him on the third/fourth line or keep in in the fold as he chooses the likes of Volpatti and/or Weise instead.

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Ebbett-Raymond

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise/Kassian

D pairings are pretty self explanatory unless Tanev goofs up big time Alberts will be riding the pine for a while.

To be the devil's advocate here, Ebbett is honestly not a bad option as the 2nd line centre. I'd love to see Schroeder get a chance to grab that spot, yes, but if that doesn't work Ebbett wouldn't be so bad. It has happened once before in his career with the Ducks. Their 2nd line centre at the time (Andy McDonald) was out long term and he was slotted in to centre the 2nd line. He ended that season with 8 goals, 24 assists, 32 points in 48 games. There's no question the guy has the skill to play an offensive role temporarily in the NHL.

I don't know. I guess, for whatever reason, I just don't mind Ebbett in that spot. Seems like he could flourish.

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Ebbett/Schroeder-Higgins

Raymond/Kassian-Ebbett/Schroeder-Hansen

Raymond/Kassian/Volpatti-Lapierre-Malhotra

Raymond/Kassian/Volpatti

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Garrison-Edler

Ballard-Tanev

Alberts-Joslin

Schneider

Luongo

Not bad, but could use some tweaking