The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Republicans apologize for accusing Hillary Clinton of faking her concussion?

dudeone

Iraq was a very bi-partisan effort..

Hillary would have done pretty much the exact same thing as Obama -- run up the deficit, brought in the same Goldman Sachs-esque insiders to her cabinet, made a mess of a healthcare bill.. while I agree with a portion of your post, I don't see where Hillary would have done things differently.

Hillary would not have procrastinated until the last minute. That is her nature.

What did Barry do knowing full well years in advance of the Bush era tax cuts were expiring? Campaigning Hard, Partying hard overseas with human rights violating countries, partying hard at fund raisers, pandering with toy factories, pandering with the unions. Days later and days left, start pointing the blame at others and the opposition for not having something figured out.

Grossly unqualified and inexperienced. A "Leader"

You weren't listening then:

John Kerry before Iraq War:

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."

-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

John Kerry even after no WMD were found:

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."

-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Then of course the rest:

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."

Letter to President Bush, Signed by:

-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."

-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."

-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."

-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."

-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"

-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."

-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."

-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

“The debate over Iraq is not about politics. It is about national security. It should be clear that our national security requires Congress to send a clear message to Iraq and the world: America is united in its determination to eliminate forever the threat of Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction.” — Sen. John Edwards (D, NC), Oct. 10, 2002

“I share the administration’s goals in dealing with Iraq and its weapons of mass destruction.” — Rep. Dick Gephardt (D, MO) Sept 2002.

“Every day Saddam remains in power with chemical weapons, biological weapons, and the development of nuclear weapons is a day of danger for the United States.” — Joe Lieberman (D, VT), Aug. 2002.

“There can be no doubt that Iraq has continued to pursue its goal of obtaining weapons of mass destruction.” — Patty Murray (D, WA) Oct. 9, 2002

"Now let me be clear -- I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him."

State Senator Barack Obama (Democrat, Illinois)

Speech at Federal Plaza, Chicago, Illinois

October 2, 2002

To reiterate.. it was a very bi-partisan effort.

Fair enough, I stand corrected, thank you...and now I'm pissed at the Democrats too. So glad I've given up on the party system...first off it's unfair to those in the boat of Independent/Green/Libertarian etc etc etc...What took place at the debate the night Jill Stein and her running mate were arrested for trespassing was that camel's back breaking straw for me. If America REALLY wants to change...they have to have the chutzpah, collectively, to tell the Elephants and the Donkeys to go fly a kite..support a legitimate Independent candidate (Jesse Ventura would be a great choice, in my opinion)...put that Independent into office and then maybe we'd start to see some actual change. Just an opinion...but I feel that if you are running for President, no matter WHAT party you belong to...you should be given equal opportunity to state your agenda at a debate. That is why I voted for Jill Stein this election.

I'm not sure if you recall what happened to Ron Paul during and after debates, how he was deliberately kept out of the limelight as often as possible despite his success during caucuses.

It mirrors a decade ago when Lincoln Chafee, the only Republican Senator to vote against AoUOF mandating the Iraq War, was run out of the party as being too "moderate". Parties are a joke, which is why when I could vote in the US I registered in California as "DTS" (Decline to State) despite them wanting me to join a specific party. Joining a party is much like joining a cult, except the cult is for the minions and the cult elite benefit highly from the lower part of the cult's being brainwashed.

But man wasn't it Gary Johnson who got the Libertarian nomination this time? Oh wait never mind yes I see what you're saying...past debates...I'll tell you the truth...I think because H Ross Perot garnered so much support during his campaign as an Independent that it scared the hell out of both parties and they have collectively decided to essentially silence the other voices...

Yes, Hillary Clinton Is Running the State Department from Her Hospital Bed

By Connor Simpson | The Atlantic Wire5 hrs ago

http://news.yahoo.com/yes-hillary-clinton-running-state-department-her-hospital-202359395.html

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would never let a blod clot stop her from doing her job. She's up and taking emails and phone calls and handling similar day-to-day office work that she might be responsible for if she were in a proper office, instead of a hospital bed. "She's been quite active on the phone with staff and taking paper, etc.," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland told reporters at a briefing Wednesday.

The Secretary of State is not shying away from the more difficult parts of her job, either. She's still dealing with the stuff that might cause a little unwanted stress. She spoke with U.N. enjoy to the (increasingly grim) situation in Syria, as well as the prime minister of Qatar, from her bed at New York Presbyterian hospital on Saturday.

One moment we thought Hillary's health woes were behind her and she was going to return to work this week. But things took a turn for the worse and Hillary was readmitted to the hospital to treat a blod clot between her brain and her ear. Thankfully, we know she is going to be okay: Doctors expect a full recovery once she responds to normal treatment. Whether anyone will stop asking her to testify on the Benghazi attacks, well, doctors couldn't tell you the answer to that one.

Yes, Hillary Clinton Is Running the State Department from Her Hospital Bed

By Connor Simpson | The Atlantic Wire5 hrs ago

http://news.yahoo.co...-202359395.html

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would never let a blod clot stop her from doing her job. She's up and taking emails and phone calls and handling similar day-to-day office work that she might be responsible for if she were in a proper office, instead of a hospital bed. "She's been quite active on the phone with staff and taking paper, etc.," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland told reporters at a briefing Wednesday.

The Secretary of State is not shying away from the more difficult parts of her job, either. She's still dealing with the stuff that might cause a little unwanted stress. She spoke with U.N. enjoy to the (increasingly grim) situation in Syria, as well as the prime minister of Qatar, from her bed at New York Presbyterian hospital on Saturday.

One moment we thought Hillary's health woes were behind her and she was going to return to work this week. But things took a turn for the worse and Hillary was readmitted to the hospital to treat a blod clot between her brain and her ear. Thankfully, we know she is going to be okay: Doctors expect a full recovery once she responds to normal treatment. Whether anyone will stop asking her to testify on the Benghazi attacks, well, doctors couldn't tell you the answer to that one.

Archived