The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] TOR - VAN

So we have been lead to believe that Luongo deal to Toronto will happen once the lockout ends. With the ability to buy out 1 possibly 2 contracts i bet It's Burkes thinking that we buy out Komisarek in the deal. I forsee something like this happening.

To medium.png: Roberto Luongo

To medium.png: Tyler Bozak, James Reimer, Mike Komisarek, TML 2nd 2014

I think the value is properly demonstrated and for doing the buyout the canucks get a 2nd round pick in return with Komisarek.

Bozak would help our 2nd line center positional needs till Kesler is ready to return and also make Kesler Possibly Expendable.

Thoughts ?

The Plug is included in the deal as a buyout so he holds no value. Bozak had 2 points less then Kesler last season an about 34 less penalty minutes, the goalie is a backup that we can trade once Lack is ready to backup Schneider. And a TML 2nd round pick should be 35th-45th which is a damn good pick imo.

I now realize you have very little hockey knowledge.

Thing is realistically Luongo would only go to 3 teams, Florida, Toronto and Tampa, and they know it. Teams will use that to their advantage since the ball isn't really in Gillis' court, and will not get the max value for Luongo.

When you play on Toronto's first line with Kessel and Lupul most of the season you are going to get 50+ points easily. Bozak is nothing more than a decent third line center. And with Luongo that pick will not be 35th-45th, more like 52nd-56th.

Bozak is a pending UFA, and there are no guarentees he will resign or we will be able to re-sign him with the Cap going down.

We don't need another young goalie like Riemer, he is still developing and has the chops to be a #1 and getting stuck behind Schneider isn't good for him, or doesn't make alot of sense for us, since he carries a majority of the value in this trade.

I understand using the buyout on Komi, and I agree but I would only be willing to do it if the deal was better for us.

Above all else I do like the 2nd, but I just don't think this deal helps us all that much, we could lose everything but reimer and the 2nd within a year, and even Riemer wouldn't stick around forever being Schneiders back-up.

Edit:

I fail to see how a 33 year old goalie with the confidence of a fat red headed school girl could fetch more. Luongo has proven nothing in the nhl except collapsing in the playoffs numerous times. I would love to hear what you think we can get for Luongo your majesty.

I fail to see how a 33 year old goalie with the confidence of a fat red headed school girl could fetch more. Luongo has proven nothing in the nhl except collapsing in the playoffs numerous times. I would love to hear what you think we can get for Luongo your majesty.

Archived