The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Name your camp invites

Lui's Knob

What will the camp be, 6 days?

Hard to imagine Corrado, even if he made the team, benefitting from playing in the NHL this year. He's going to be back in the OHL. But with only a short camp, he could learn a lot and add to the pool of players to keep practices and scrimmages interesting?

I would invite Corrado, 6 days is worth investing!

I also invite Archibald. We are weak on RW. I dont see him being fast enough for a depth role and suggest he will be the Wolves top RW? But he is scoring better than Kassian. No I dont really believe he will beat out Kassian for a roster spot but will make him work for his spot! And it will be interesting to watch him in scrimmages against NHL defenders.

Corrado from the OHL, he would benefit further from more (sorta) NHL level competition.

PTO's

Vandemeer-Joslin isn't ready, if a few of our dmen go down were screwed

Arnott-3rd line centre spot, put him in to compete with Schroeder, Lapierre, and even Malhotra

Morrison- same as Arnott, however, if he doesn't get a contract and is willing to go to the wolves and play a Reinprecht role that will be great; the Wolves need him as Ebbett will most likely be a regular callup.

Well; we are stacked at LW. He's probably good enough to make the team, but does it make sense to load that many LW's when he probably wont get the type of top 6 role his scoring personality is suited for? He's not knocking Danny or Booth off a top 6 spot, nor likely to add so much (in the non scoring depth line roles) that it justifies giving him a roster spot over Higgins or Raymond. We don't really have an opportunity at this stage?

Maybe DeNiro or Smashing K can answer a question; is he good enough on his off wing AND good enough at winning puck battles to justify an off wing roster spot? I'm skeptical. I suppose we should bring him to camp to answer that question, it could save us an alternate trade to find a RW this season.

Next year neither Raymond nor Higgins will be here and he is already pencilled in on the left side. As such it cant hurt to just let him develop in Sweden.

Jensen (Though it's likely he'd probably stay in sweden), Kassian, Tanev, Pinnizotto or Archibald since hes been playing well for the wolves lately

Archived