The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

48 game season enter your prediction

miles.p

Most of the Oilers' top players have been playing in the AHL this year, they are in much better condition to win, especially early on in the season.

This is also a shortened season. Fans take note, the Oilers may just get in to the playoffs this year considering all the extraneous factors.

I won't venture a guess on the precise record at the end of the season... but I think we'll be winning the division. We'll probably wind up in 3rd place in the West or something. In such a condensed season where every single game counts, the games we lose from Kesler's absence and our 'slow starts' will probably mean no 3 years in a row for the President's trophy.

We all know it takes Canucks about 10-20 games to settle in, and if that trend continues, they will be looking at last place in the division and possibly in the conference.

My prediction 24-24, come out slow, gain steam towards the end and miss the playoffs. I see the Oilers taking our spot in the division, and don't forget the new and improved Minni.

The days of going far in the playoffs are over, let's face it, this core only went far once. We have way too many holes in our top 6. Namely, who is going to replace Kesler? He won't be back any time soon.

We all know it takes Canucks about 10-20 games to settle in, and if that trend continues, they will be looking at last place in the division and possibly in the conference.

My prediction 24-24, come out slow, gain steam towards the end and miss the playoffs. I see the Oilers taking our spot in the division, and don't forget the new and improved Minni.

The days of going far in the playoffs are over, let's face it, this core only went far once. We have way too many holes in our top 6. Namely, who is going to replace Kesler? He won't be back any time soon.

Oilers are not making the playoffs, stop being stupid people they still atleast a dcore and a goalie away. You don't go from last in the conference to playoff team in one jump. Seriously :picard: . Besides Nugent hopkins is one big hit away from ruining his shoulder again, let alone let me keep my head down hall is going to get hurt the reckless way he plays

Oilers are still 3-5 years away IMO. Edmonton won't be dead last this year, but they'll still somehow get the first overall pick even with 13 other teams in the draw :bigblush:

I think Rangers will take the president's trophy this year, they're looking like the team to beat. They have a freakishly stacked team, Nash, Gaborik, Richards, Callahan, Girardi, and King Henrik Lundquist. I think they'll represent the east this year in the SCF.

I'm praying Garrison has good chemistry with Edler.

Our team in my opinion is a "big occasion" team. We start off slow, through some weird arrogance which annoys me. We fall, more than we should to "inferior teams" through a lazy arrogance again. Then we take off on the turn of the year.

However we will hit the road running this time, because we will know we have to. I have no doubt about that. I also think all of our players are more than well rested. Perhaps there could be a lack of match practice but I doubt it because MG was quoted as saying they have been preparing for weeks/months.

So I see us making the playoffs, maybe not easily, as in the past but this time WE have a chance of being underestimated. Who knows Kes may be back 100% for the playoffs.............wouldn't that be something to get excited about.

Also I am thrilled that we have now got Ballard where he is a natural and combining with Tanev from the start will make us stronger than ever. Raymond will be 100% and I am convinced will be a big player for us................and dare I say Booth will start showing us his passing game?

Archived