The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much extra will we pay for center ice to make up for the strike?

Dogbyte

I thought about not getting center ice this year .. for about a second but it's completely unlikely. So then I started thinking about the cost.

With Bell you pay 4 payments of $52.47, or $209.88 for a regular year. If this season is only 50 games that pro-rated figure should be $128 for the year. However I would guess that all of our wonderful friends that make money off of hockey will ask for a contribution from us fans in order to "make whole" this year for them.

Any guesses as to what the charge will be? I am going to say $149.99

What exactly is center ice? Ive heard a lot about it recently.

I'm assuming its a TV package, but then I have to wonder why I would buy it when I already get all the games.

Also they wont give it for free, I heard some report that this was all just some trumped up rumour by fans.

I'm assuming its a TV package, but then I have to wonder why I would buy it when I already get all the games.

Also they wont give it for free, I heard some report that this was all just some trumped up rumour by fans.

It's for out of market fans. I live in (uggg) Calgary so I only get the CBC and TSN games (sportsnet blacked out). it's also pretty cool to have all of the other games for big match ups and the last 10 games of the year produces great games all around the league.

Yeah, you guys are lucky. I know when you are in a hockey market you usually don't think about it but I also originally come from a province that should have a hockey team but doesn't. Those guys need a team to cheer for too. I'm glad that by some miracle I totally bypassed Cow Country Alberta and fell in love with the Nucks at first sight.

It's funny when people here in Calgary ask me why I cheer for the Canucks when I tell them I'm from Saskatoon. They always ask why Vancouver instead of Calgary or Edmonton? You should see the look on their faces when I tell them Saskatoonians think they're a bunch of ye-hawing lamo hicks and I chose the cool coast team.

GO :canucks: GO

Seriously, free Centre Ice would be awesome. If it was free, I'd get it for sure. I can never justify paying $200+ for it, considering the only games I REALLY care about are Canuck games and I get them all (whether it be SNetPacific, SN1, TSN, CBC). I was living at my cousins place (in Calgary :sick:) last year, and he had Centre Ice, and it was the best thing ever! During the playoffs we watched so much hockey. If it's free, I'll get it...but if not I'll watch hockey like a regular schmuck, on standard cable :P

Yeah, you guys are lucky. I know when you are in a hockey market you usually don't think about it but I also originally come from a province that should have a hockey team but doesn't. Those guys need a team to cheer for too. I'm glad that by some miracle I totally bypassed Cow Country Alberta and fell in love with the Nucks at first sight.

It's funny when people here in Calgary ask me why I cheer for the Canucks when I tell them I'm from Saskatoon. They always ask why Vancouver instead of Calgary or Edmonton? You should see the look on their faces when I tell them Saskatoonians think they're a bunch of ye-hawing lamo hicks and I chose the cool coast team.

GO :canucks: GO

Archived