The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Piers Morgan

dudeone

CNN’s Piers Morgan Hits Back At Critics, Threatens To Leave US Over Lax Gun Laws

deadline-logo-jpg_163144.jpg

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Deadline.comSun, Dec 30, 2012 11:58 AM PST

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/cnn-piers-morgan-hits-back-critics-threatens-leave-195818394.html

Defiant CNN host Piers Morgan added more fire to his public fight with gun supporters in a column published in the Daily Mail.

Morgan has been at odds with gun advocates since the Dec. 14 Sandy Hook massacre, which prompted the British journalist to launch an aggressive pro-gun control campaign on his show, clashing with gun lobbyists, including his verbal spat with Gun Owners of America head Larry Pratt whom Morgan told on the air, “You are an unbelievably stupid man.” Morgan’s gun control crusade led to a White House petition by gun advocates asking for Morgan’s deportation because of his “hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution by targeting the Second Amendment.” The petition has garnered more than 91,000 signatures to date, prompting Morgan to quip on Twitter, “Still only 90,000 Americans have signed the White House petition to deport me. That leaves 310,910,00 who presumably want me to stay.”

He went further in his column. ”I will not stop in my own efforts to keep the gun-control debate firmly in people’s minds, however much abuse I’m subjected to,” he wrote. Morgan recalled being editor of the Daily Mirror during the worst British school shooting in 1996 when 16 five-year-olds were killed in Scotland’sDunblane. It led to the implementation of strict gun control laws which Morgan credits with the country’s extremely low number of gun murders a year (35). He compares that to his stay in the US since 2007 when he first came to the country as a judge on America’s Got Talent. “Six of America’s 12 worst-ever mass shootings have occurred since 2007″ to “a woeful, shameful virtual silence” by politicians under pressure from gun lobbyists.

As for the petition to extradite him, “I can spare those Americans who want me deported a lot of effort by saying this: If you don’t change your gun laws to at least try to stop this relentless tidal wave of murderous carnage, then you don’t have to worry about deporting me,” Morgan wrote. “Although I love the country as a second home and one that has treated me incredibly well, I would, as a concerned parent first – and latterly, of a one-year-old daughter who may attend an American elementary school like Sandy Hook in three years’ time – seriously consider deporting myself.”

Morgan may not have to resort to self-exile as President Barack Obama today declared tightening gun regulations, including bans on assault weapons and high-capacity bullet magazines, a top priority for his second term. Of course Morgan and his softly-rated primetime show have to pass muster with incoming CNN boss Jeff Zucker who is expected to shake up the network’s lineup in pursuit of a ratings turnaround.

“Still only 90,000 Americans have signed the White House petition to deport me. That leaves 310,910,00 who presumably want me to stay.”

Not everyone in America is voting Morgan you dumb idiot.

Scum bag gets ran out of the UK over the Murdoch phone hacking scandal....only to come to America and sit on a CNN set.

At least Larry King delivered every single interview and section with class. All I see from Piers Morgan is the typical tabloid-esque reporting style that is so reminiscent of the Sun (UK) and the Daily Star.

Pure childish banter from Morgan; can't wait till he gets bumped from CNN's top viewing times into a death slot.

CNN’s Piers Morgan Hits Back At Critics, Threatens To Leave US Over Lax Gun Laws

deadline-logo-jpg_163144.jpg

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Deadline.comSun, Dec 30, 2012 11:58 AM PST

http://tv.yahoo.com/...-195818394.html

Defiant CNN host Piers Morgan added more fire to his public fight with gun supporters in a column published in the Daily Mail.

Morgan has been at odds with gun advocates since the Dec. 14 Sandy Hook massacre, which prompted the British journalist to launch an aggressive pro-gun control campaign on his show, clashing with gun lobbyists, including his verbal spat with Gun Owners of America head Larry Pratt whom Morgan told on the air, “You are an unbelievably stupid man.” Morgan’s gun control crusade led to a White House petition by gun advocates asking for Morgan’s deportation because of his “hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution by targeting the Second Amendment.” The petition has garnered more than 91,000 signatures to date, prompting Morgan to quip on Twitter, “Still only 90,000 Americans have signed the White House petition to deport me. That leaves 310,910,00 who presumably want me to stay.”

He went further in his column. ”I will not stop in my own efforts to keep the gun-control debate firmly in people’s minds, however much abuse I’m subjected to,” he wrote. Morgan recalled being editor of the Daily Mirror during the worst British school shooting in 1996 when 16 five-year-olds were killed in Scotland’sDunblane. It led to the implementation of strict gun control laws which Morgan credits with the country’s extremely low number of gun murders a year (35). He compares that to his stay in the US since 2007 when he first came to the country as a judge on America’s Got Talent. “Six of America’s 12 worst-ever mass shootings have occurred since 2007″ to “a woeful, shameful virtual silence” by politicians under pressure from gun lobbyists.

As for the petition to extradite him, “I can spare those Americans who want me deported a lot of effort by saying this: If you don’t change your gun laws to at least try to stop this relentless tidal wave of murderous carnage, then you don’t have to worry about deporting me,” Morgan wrote. “Although I love the country as a second home and one that has treated me incredibly well, I would, as a concerned parent first – and latterly, of a one-year-old daughter who may attend an American elementary school like Sandy Hook in three years’ time – seriously consider deporting myself.”

Morgan may not have to resort to self-exile as President Barack Obama today declared tightening gun regulations, including bans on assault weapons and high-capacity bullet magazines, a top priority for his second term. Of course Morgan and his softly-rated primetime show have to pass muster with incoming CNN boss Jeff Zucker who is expected to shake up the network’s lineup in pursuit of a ratings turnaround.

At least Larry King delivered every single interview and section with class. All I see from Piers Morgan is the typical tabloid-esque reporting style that is so reminiscent of the Sun (UK) and the Daily Star.

Pure childish banter from Morgan; can't wait till he gets bumped from CNN's top viewing times into a death slot.

UPDATE: 105,358 signatures.

White House response:

White House responds to 'Deport Piers Morgan' petition

Breaking news during tonight's edition of Piers Morgan Tonight: On the heels of Morgan's fiery interview with Alex Jones, the man who started the petition to deport the CNN host, the White House addressed the petition.

The official White House statement, via spokesman Jay Carney:

The White House responds to all petitions that cross the threshold and we will respond to this one. In the meantime, it is worth remembering that the freedom of expression is a bedrock principle in our democracy."

The petition to deport Morgan has gained more than 100,000 signatures, well over the 25,000 required to warrant an official White House response.

http://www.politico....ion-153578.html

This guy Alex Jones started a petition to get Piers Morgan departed from the States because of his views on guns. Alex Jones is an absolute nutbag. He was on Peirs' show today, and absolutely lost it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AtyKofFih8Y#!

Here is part two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Tf-i3Y5iRYo

Alex Jones is a conspiracy theorist that should be simply ignored. It's not easy at all since he has a very vocal niche on the internet that keep him happily employed and sidetracking that small portion of the populace with outrageous claims.

Also, it wasn't him who started this petition. Someone simply watches too much Alex Jones.

Anyhow, Piers Morgan shouldn't be deported for spewing garbage, that's his right. The constitution allows him, as at minimum a legal resident, no different than a citizen, the right to take a dump on the very thing that gives him the right. On the other hand, he shouldn't be surprised the reaction he gets when he, as a media figure, shows so much contempt and embellished disrespect for a well established, inalienable right, and those who legally purchase guns.

Alex Jones is a conspiracy theorist that should be simply ignored. It's not easy at all since he has a very vocal niche on the internet that keep him happily employed and sidetracking that small portion of the populace with outrageous claims.

Also, it wasn't him who started this petition. Someone simply watches too much Alex Jones.

Anyhow, Piers Morgan shouldn't be deported for spewing garbage, that's his right. The constitution allows him, as at minimum a legal resident, no different than a citizen, the right to take a dump on the very thing that gives him the right. On the other hand, he shouldn't be surprised the reaction he gets when he, as a media figure, shows so much contempt and embellished disrespect for a well established, inalienable right, and those who legally purchase guns.

piers morgan is such an idiot

but man, his twitter feed is pretty funny at times. dude has no problem trolling major celebs out in the open.

then again, calling out Wayne Rooney for having poor grammar does get boring sometimes, too

In an earlier video Alex Jones rants about Piers Morgan after the CNN host calls for more gun control in in the wake of the Aurora, Colorado theatre shooting back in July 2012.

"You've got the British imported globalist Piers Morgan.. calling for more gun control. How about you get out of my country punk?"

Archived