The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Piers Morgan

dudeone

I wouldn't be so sure: the U.S. couldn't win Guerilla wars in Vietnam and Afghanistan. Taking on a (hypothetical) armed and determined American population would be a much harder task for the U.S. military.

However that is besides the point.

I'm sure the insurgents in Afghanistan are much more battle hardened, better equipped and have actual training as opposed to many gun advocates in the US. You know, I wonder how much actual combat experience and training Alex Jones has -- I'm going to say he has absolutely none. The insurgents, despite being savages, are a much formidable opponent. Then again the US could have left that country nothing more than a smoking crater if they really wanted to.

It's a sign of victory when they move onto the ad hominem.

And that is certainly the case in the online community; majority of advocates are morons that cannot argue their point intelligently so they blatantly attack Piers and hurl insults at the man.

Then again Pratt asserts that laws, regulation and control won't work despite the contrary everywhere else in first world countries that have employed these exact measures. Piers isn't far off. Again, advocates would rather do NOTHING before doing something.

I don't like Piers personally, but I like his show. It's hard not to call someone a ???? idiot when they think that it would be safer if everyone carried a gun.

Alex Jones.... frack I don't know where to begin.... I wish I could just push a button and him and all his douchey followers would disappear.

Pratt actually asserts that the violent crime rate in the global north countries that have banned guns (read: Britain, Australia) have actually gone up as there is no fear instilled in criminals of a potentially armed victim. With lower populations than America, and higher violent crime (rape, assault, stabbings etc.) than America, it's concerning to see. Of course, Morgan dismisses it, calling it a lie, and finally resorts to ad hominem attacks. Totally unprofessional, don't know how he is a journalist still especially after the phone hacking scandal.

Pratt actually asserts that the violent crime rate in the global north countries that have banned guns (read: Britain, Australia) have actually gone up as there is no fear instilled in criminals of a potentially armed victim. With lower populations than America, and higher violent crime (rape, assault, stabbings etc.) than America, it's concerning to see. Of course, Morgan dismisses it, calling it a lie, and finally resorts to ad hominem attacks. Totally unprofessional, don't know how he is a journalist still especially after the phone hacking scandal.

Trying to equate higher amounts of guns sold to a lower violent crime rate is insane. There is no correlation here beyond the skewed statistics of 2 recent riots in the UK. The fact that this clown is implying that by having a weapon, you are less likely to be attacked, further's his agenda of paranoia and fear. I am further disappointed in some CDC members that believe this nonsense.

Archived