The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks showed interest in Tom Kostopoulos, Arnott to sign by end of week

elvis15

this news is not gonna impress django ^_^

I like it, Kostopolous is kinda confusing because we already have Pinozotto,Wiese and Volpatti all competing for 1 spot.

Once Kesler gets healthy the lineup looks preety solid.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Arnott - Hansen

Weise - Lappiere - Kassian

If we trade Luongo for Weiss and sign Arnott, Kostopolous, and Ellis, assuming our line up is healthy

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Weiss

Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian

Arnott - Malhotra - Hansen

Kostopolous, Raymond, Schroeder

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

Schneider

Ellis

Looks very good to me.

Arnott as a third or fourth line center would be good playing less games, and less minutes than he did in St. Louis. If this guy is fresh and healthy come playoff time, he would be a great asset.

Everyone's concern seems to be that he's old and slow. Sure he's slowed down at 38, but he can still play. Scoring 17 goals at 38 years old is pretty impressive. And he did that on a low scoring Blues team.

He also had one of the lowest amount of giveaways on the Blues. So that shows you he's not a turnover machine. The guy is so big, he doesn't need speed. His game is about puck protection. Once he gets it, he rarely gives it up.

Put him with a couple fast players and he'll be fine. Our team has quite a bit of speed on it anyways, you can have a couple bigger slower players mixed in.

Arnott as a third or fourth line center would be good playing less games, and less minutes than he did in St. Louis. If this guy is fresh and healthy come playoff time, he would be a great asset.

Everyone's concern seems to be that he's old and slow. Sure he's slowed down at 38, but he can still play. Scoring 17 goals at 38 years old is pretty impressive. And he did that on a low scoring Blues team.

He also had one of the lowest amount of giveaways on the Blues. So that shows you he's not a turnover machine. The guy is so big, he doesn't need speed. His game is about puck protection. Once he gets it, he rarely gives it up.

Put him with a couple fast players and he'll be fine. Our team has quite a bit of speed on it anyways, you can have a couple bigger slower players mixed in.

Put him with a couple fast players and he'll be fine? Then his speed will be even more noticeable and be even more of a problem. Now youre asking Higgins/Hansen to take up two positions while Arnott is slugging back.

Oh and if you watched any Blues games, which im assuming you haven't, most of Arnott's goals aren't exactly the prettiest. Most of them were easy tap ins or wrist shots without a goalie there.. maybe 10 of them were actual goals. 7 of them were goals i could have scored with my eyes closed lol. Playing with Berglund definitely helped too.

Actual goals? Never of heard of actual goals...

Goals are goals. Different players score them in different ways. It doesn't mean they have any less value.

Arnott played on a pretty speedy Blues team, and managed to score 17 goals. Clearly playing with faster players didn't hurt him. The Canucks have just as talented players as the Blues, so his ability to score would be no different.

I've seen all of his goals from last season. Most of them involved him being strong along the boards and protecting the puck, and being in the right place at the right time.

The fact that Gillis is interested in him, means he thinks he could be a fit here. I'll trust his judgement over yours anyday.

Hmmm Arnott to the Stars? Is that confirmed? I wouldn't mind him on a PTO but don't sign him right away.

I kinda would like to see Schroeder get that chance, and there are other players I would consider over Arnott, most notably Langkow. And I would also take Bozak over Arnott myself.

I don't think there is any need for Kostopolous honestly. Weise had his moments last year, is faster, with more skill IMO, and he has a one way deal so he will stick with the team. Pinnizzotto played great in training camp last year and earned his spot on the team, only to get hurt and miss the year, I think we should give him a fair chance, and Volpatti was looking good too before his injury.

I don't see much of a need for him myself.

Archived