The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

season approaching...still concerned

mr wicked

The canucks changed their playing style halfway through the season last year, i believe it was when we brought in booth. The canucks changed to a shoot first team, with booth looking like a puck hog, kesler also changed his game in doing the same....these two did not work on the same line, and when seperated they still did not use thier line mates, and soon after i noticed more players falling into the shoot the puck in the logo of the goalie antics such as malhaltra, wiese and when raymond wasen't dizzy from spinning around and falling, he too was falling into it. We had nothing in the playoffs because we could not move the puck around....it was indivisual efforts....So I am still very concerned going into the season with the same attitude, any one else concerned? would Booth packaged with say ohhh how about luongo bring some huge significance to vancouver, or even booth and raymond/ballard. I hope i'm wrong and this team can work together.

I've never heard anyone refer to putting the puck on the net as 'antics' before. Shooting the puck is not a bad thing. What drives me more nuts is when they pass it a thousand times looking for the perfect shot, only to get picked off without ever putting the puck on net.

At 249 goals scored last year, they were tops in the west and 5th in the NHL. I would say that shooting first is having some success for them.

I think there will be a higher offensive put out this year. I think teams will be building and playing a style that for the regular season that will win in the playoffs. I don't think that the same style will win both. Vancouver is going to have to be versatile and AV is going to have to have the team prepared for this. If the players are not playing well or playing as a team then AV is going to have to sit that player no matter who it is. Plus MG is going to have to make sure he has the speed and toughness to have a successful run.

I've never heard anyone refer to putting the puck on the net as 'antics' before. Shooting the puck is not a bad thing. What drives me more nuts is when they pass it a thousand times looking for the perfect shot, only to get picked off without ever putting the puck on net.

At 249 goals scored last year, they were tops in the west and 5th in the NHL. I would say that shooting first is having some success for them.

Shooting is great, but guys need to start picking some corners. Too many chances have been had only to hit the Goalies crest. We made Quick look like a stud rather than a short and prematurely low set goalie because no one could snipe top shelf. Made Thomas look like a god rather than an old out of position conspiracy theorist.

Shooter tutor FTW!

The problem was not shooting the puck. The problem was not having someone crash the net for rebounds, tips and screens. Far too often the shot would come with no Canuck anywhere near the goalie. I'm all for shoot first but there has to be at least one guy on that line crashing the net.

The canucks changed their playing style halfway through the season last year, i believe it was when we brought in booth. The canucks changed to a shoot first team, with booth looking like a puck hog, kesler also changed his game in doing the same....these two did not work on the same line, and when seperated they still did not use thier line mates, and soon after i noticed more players falling into the shoot the puck in the logo of the goalie antics such as malhaltra, wiese and when raymond wasen't dizzy from spinning around and falling, he too was falling into it. We had nothing in the playoffs because we could not move the puck around....it was indivisual efforts....So I am still very concerned going into the season with the same attitude, any one else concerned? would Booth packaged with say ohhh how about luongo bring some huge significance to vancouver, or even booth and raymond/ballard. I hope i'm wrong and this team can work together.

Here are my concerns...

(6) AV's preparedness...I was so disappointed when we heard AV admit that he didn't have a Plan B for Daniel's absence last year (my response being WTF?!?!?!). I hope that AV is better prepared to deal with all the permutations/combinations a short, intense, sprint of a season we're facing...

Archived