The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Second Amendment Education in Portland Oregon

Wetcoaster

They may be trained observers, but cops absolutely lie, embellish, and make things up. The first thing they do when the collar someone is rehearse their story.

Funny thing about technology is that now people have the means to fight back. There is nothing like a camera taping the cops to hold them honest. The cops in turn take people's cameras or threaten them with obstruction. If you are ever told by a cop to give up your camera, comply, give it to them and then sue. In the US, the Supreme Court ruled that taping the police in a public area is protected under the First Amendment and serves a greater public interest. In these instances, those cities/counties have had to settle lawsuits for doing so. I have wondered what really happens to that D student cop. Did you know that you only need a fifty to pass the police academy entrance exam? And in some instances, the minimum requirement is an eighth grade education.

let's look at the lead-in and outs of your story..

hmmm... seems to me you are painting a specific picture here about how bad americans are and how violent we are with guns. Otherwise, why would you say; "this is the US..."? Not to mention the detail you go into describing the hunters and how scary they looked with their fingers on triggers as they scanned both sides of the road going back and forth. Do you see what I am getting at here?

but you didn't answer the question about why you didn't call the local police.

oh wait... it's because you were staying outside city limits. Now I see what you wanted me to notice. I'm sorry, I must have missed that... wait... actually I didn't miss that part... I just wanted to see how positive you were about the events while ignoring the math behind a "5 minute walk from downtown." I'm going to assume you weren't talking about the speed of a race-walker, but a normal type of walking pace. It is impossible to be 5 minutes from downtown walking distance and be outside of "city limits." Figure this, if takes the average person about 15 minutes to walk a mile at a fast pace... that means they'd be 1/3 of a mile in 5 minutes (again this is at a fast pace.) At a more normal pace, you're looking at about 1/4 of a mile in 5 minutes.

So let's sum up... you were staying outside city limits, heard rifle shots bounce off the windows (and you've already stressed how well you know your guns,) saw with great detail 3 hunters with fully automatic weapons, camo, military boots, holding the guns in the shooting position with fingers on the triggers scanning across the road on both sides... yet can't guess with ANY kind of accuracy how far away you were from downtown. In fact you stress how close you were to downtown...

So you are saying that downtown Ithaca was a mere 1,320 feet away... or 4 football fields (and 40 yards) away. Better yet, I drew out how far you could go (sorry it's actually showing 1/3 a mile...)

http://maps.google.c...&sz=16&t=m&z=16

THAT is why this story sounds fishy.

How about ban assault weapons - heck even all firearms and go with only allowing crossbows???

Just follow the example of Crossbow Hunter Extraordinaire - David Booth of the Canucks as he tweeted.

David Booth @D_Booth7

Just killed a Chara sized bruin! 7ft black bear- 21in skull. pic.twitter.com/Myg25nQo

1 May 12

booth-bear.jpg

As a number of Canucks fans noted at the time - “If the bear had hidden in a net, Booth would have missed him.”

Kevin Bieksa: “Impressive Dave! Did he have a crossbow also?”

And from Roberto Luongo who tweets as strombone1:

Strombone@strombone1

“@perdjoos:can you weigh in on the bear that booth just slayed?” looks like they shot a guy in a bear costume and trying to cover it up!

And more recently Booth bagged (crossbowed??) "a Rocky Mountain goat that looks to be roughly the size of an early-August Dustin Byfuglien"

http://www.sportsnet..._mountain_goat/

booth_640_640.jpg

At the time of slaying the goat Booth tweeted

"There's only one trophy in the world harder to get than this... And I'm getting that next."

Canucks fans hope he is referring to the Stanley Cup.

Oh F*S :picard:

If you really need to go these laughably great lengths to attempt to discredit a post I've made, well, it only shows that you cannot admit that you're wrong about MY experience and only need to have the last word. I know what I saw, I know the location I was in, I do not wear corrective lenses nor do I need to, according to my last eye checkup. To be fair, no, I don't ordinarily gauge how many feet/second I walk. But apparently you do.....in great detail, every step you take. C'est la vie de Zamboni_14, apparently.... Interesting thing though, I'm pretty good at timing my arrivals at places and am usually on time so yeah, I know exactly how long it took me to walk into town.......

As I've said previously, reading comprehension is quite obviously not your forte. Oh, and God forbid anyone ever use detail in recounting something that has happened. Yet if one doesn't, they've been oblivious. Make up your mind........you don't get a win/win situation......or even a win/, no matter how hard you try to manufacture one in your head.

Time to tuck your hat under your arm and back your way out of this discussion now......T7 said it best........

you're the one saying how it's all fact... and you are the one who is contradicting yourself. And you are the one who wanted to point out that you were 5 minutes away from downtown... I'm just asking questions about how valid this whole story is.

So say it was 6 minutes, as time is a fleeting entity to measure .. would that soften the vitriol? .. or, once a horse is mounted, must you ride it until it dies beneath you? .. oh, and I was curious how you, in your wisdom, are able to measure those hunters who have "half a brain"?? .. this sounds like a fascinating ability to have .. :)

No, no contradictions but it figures you'd have to have the last word so have away. It doesn't make you 'right', however. Have a lovely day now. As a wise, wise man was ever so eloquent to say..........check......mate.......next......

did I say those hunters with half a brain was "FACT?" Nooooope.

she got caught making fabrications about a story, yet I'm the "bad guy?" Sorry, I forgot that some of the CDC members are just your standard "yes men" for others around here and god forbid you don't preach to the choir every moment. Allow me to please, retract everything I have said in this thread and start over..

curse those blasted 'mericans and their gun loving culture! You know once I was ice fishing on the boarder outside of International Falls Minnesota and an vigilante group showed up with RPGs, fully equipped hummers, about 20 fully automatic weapons and 2 tanks and forced me to wave the american flag for them or they would shoot me. This wasn't some boonie area either, I was a 5 minute walk from Times Square in New York!

:picard: .. you and the Z-man are a pair, alright .. delusional and antagonistic all for the sake of being clever or manly, I suppose .. derogatory and snide comments aside, you are like a dog with a bone .. even IF it tastes like pooh, it is YOUR BONE, damn it all !!!

Hitting the nail right on the head, T7......you are the master! ::D

Now, how 'bout that edumacation on the Second Amendment fer all us Non-'Muricans ......... 'cause you know, livin' on this side a the border means we Canajuns know absolutely nuthun'...... nuthin' t'all about it........

yep, T7 is great at helping you avoid the question (of why not call the cops on these hunters) and clearing up the contradiction in your own story.

What's also funny is that this story takes place in one of the most liberal parts of New York. You'd think if it was such a busy area, there would have been even more people willing to call the police on these people (if they were THAT close to downtown.)

yep, T7 is great at helping you avoid the question (of why not call the cops on these hunters) and clearing up the contradiction in your own story.

What's also funny is that this story takes place in one of the most liberal parts of New York. You'd think if it was such a busy area, there would have been even more people willing to call the police on these people (if they were THAT close to downtown.)

Archived