The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Scientology exposé won’t be published in Canada

dudeone

JOHN BARBER

The Globe and Mail

Published Thursday, Jan. 10 2013, 6:00 AM EST

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/books-and-media/new-scientology-expos-wont-be-published-in-canada/article7147307/

Canadian readers interested in knowing about the inner workings of the Church of Scientology will remain unenlightened unless they travel to the United States to acquire the forbidden knowledge.

A detailed exposé of the secretive church much anticipated south of the border, Lawrence Wright’s Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood and the Prison of Belief, is not being published in Canada, the author’s U.S. publisher, Alfred A. Knopf, told The Globe and Mail. Sources at the company’s Toronto-based subsidiary, which normally distributes all its parent’s major titles in Canada, confirmed that their company is not publishing the book and it will not be available in Canadian bookstores.

JOHN BARBER

The Globe and Mail

Published Thursday, Jan. 10 2013, 6:00 AM EST

http://www.theglobea...article7147307/

Canadian readers interested in knowing about the inner workings of the Church of Scientology will remain unenlightened unless they travel to the United States to acquire the forbidden knowledge.

A detailed exposé of the secretive church much anticipated south of the border, Lawrence Wright’s Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood and the Prison of Belief, is not being published in Canada, the author’s U.S. publisher, Alfred A. Knopf, told The Globe and Mail. Sources at the company’s Toronto-based subsidiary, which normally distributes all its parent’s major titles in Canada, confirmed that their company is not publishing the book and it will not be available in Canadian bookstores.

Well isn't that interesting.........dun, dun, dun, duhhhhnnnnnnnnn......... would love to hear the reason why it won't be published in Canada and won't even be available in Canadian bookstores. Hmmmm.....

I hear ya, T7.....my Amazon account is calling me-ee-ee-ee......

You don't think we're being sucked in by the 'reverse publicity', do you? :P

(Damn, a dark coloured sedan just drove down the street in front of my house. Should I be worried?)

(Crap, not available til the 17th on the A.com)

Well isn't that interesting.........dun, dun, dun, duhhhhnnnnnnnnn......... would love to hear the reason why it won't be published in Canada and won't even be available in Canadian bookstores. Hmmmm.....

I hear ya, T7.....my Amazon account is calling me now......

Oh, you don't think we're being sucked in by the 'publicity', do you? :P

Damn ... "I've been taken again", as JJ Walker would say .. I figure maybe they estimated it would not sell well enough to warrant the initial cost, but why not import a few? .. makes no sense .. I buy all my books via a local bookstore so can order that way .. support your local business .. :towel:

Archived