The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 Drafting

James van Riemsdyk

I was wondering who you drafted in your nhl 13 game, I don't know how scouting changes how you see prospects and I was wondering if someone could explain that to me.

Also I know there are some gems in the later picks and I was wondering if anyone has found them and who they are. I never seem to have any luck with drafting my prospects.

All scouting does is reveal ratings for players like shot power, skating etc. The more you scout players the more information is revealed. There are glitches though because even if you never scout goaltending, it still seems to provide you info on players you didn't scout. Some people say there is no real benefit of scouting because it seems to reveal info on the players anyways. Just another lovely glitch by EA.

This year, there are very few gems with late picks, there will be no 4th round superstars, you will be lucky if a late rounder becomes 80 overall. Its not really worth worrying about.

GM Connected and Be A GM have very different scouting and draft systems.

In GMC, the aforementioned broken scouting system is frustrating. Your scout will scout out-of-region players and different positions to boot. Your scout also won't scout any players beyond the 4th round. It's a real pain in the behind when you want to get info on certain players (i.e. you finished last so you have the 1st or 2nd overall pick and want to get as much info as you can on the projected Top 5 to pick the best 2 candidates). Scouting works the way it is supposed to in BAGM.

Meanwhile, the draft system in GMC Is pretty straight forward: The top players all go within the first 2 rounds (with the exception of year 1) and everything beyond that is pretty much crap. You have the odd guys that will hit the low 80s, but expect mainly career minor leaguers.

In BAGM, drafting is less simplistic. While not as common as past NHL games, it's still possible to get some late-round gems (i.e. I drafted a 4-star guy in the 5th round and he got up into the high 80s) and it's also more likely to draft first round busts if you don't scout well.

Yeah, the posts above this explain drafting pretty well. As for who I've drafted, there was one standout.

RW- Viktor Flood 6'9" 255lbs and American.

8.0 offense, 8.0 defence and I put him with the Sedins in his 1st year.

His stats after simming the season were insaaaane hahah

Archived