The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] An Old CDC Discussion Favourite, BRAD WINCHESTER w/Calgary.

I'd still take him over Oreskovich or Volpatti at the time. Back then he was a 10 goal scorer and huge hitter on the 4th line, those guys were good hitters but brought NO offence.

Our 4th liners have to be able to score. Glass couldn't, Volpatti didn't get much of a chance and Weise barely does. 10 goals from a 4th liner is a big thing and something a few of the recent Cup winners have in common, also a big reason why we fell short against Boston in the matchup game.

I'd still take him over Oreskovich or Volpatti at the time. Back then he was a 10 goal scorer and huge hitter on the 4th line, those guys were good hitters but brought NO offence.

Our 4th liners have to be able to score. Glass couldn't, Volpatti didn't get much of a chance and Weise barely does. 10 goals from a 4th liner is a big thing and something a few of the recent Cup winners have in common, also a big reason why we fell short against Boston in the matchup game.

It was a one puncher; a mistake leaving himself open.

They also had a rematch, which was not decisive but Winchester had the upper hand..., still regarded by most as the better fighter I am sure?

And neither are true heavyweights; both need to earn their spot playing hockey, then keep it with clean up responsibilities.

Didn't Volpatti knock his a$$ out?

EDIT: Yep. Found it.

Archived