The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks tickets will go on sale Jan. 15 at 2:00 pm

CanucksFanMike

Just going to vent here cause I don't know where else to and right now i'm pretty p.o'd. The big thank you / we are sorry to the fans is a couple of open practices (fun but its really a nothing gesture), some discounted food (BFD!) FOR PEOPLE AT THE GAMES. 50% off at the team store ONLY FOR PEOPLE AT THE FIRST 3 GAMES - thats the situation as I was told by the folks at the team store. I'm sorry but thats just total BS!!! It is an extreme minority of fans that can actually attend any game, let alone the first 3, which for all practical purposes are sold out already anyway, 46 minutes after they went on sale.

We all suffered the same during the lock out, yet only the priveledged few get anything.

Would have loved to pick up some new logo gear at a discount. Would have made me feel a little better about losing so much of something I truly love. I watch every game. I know this team inside and out. I get nothing.

That sucks...thanks a lot canucks org and a big eff ewe.

This wasn't about the fans during the lockout and it isn't about the fans after. Do you take it personally when other places have lockouts or do you understand that negotiating contracts can lead down this path when the two sides can't find middle ground? Sure, the fans can have an impact but hockey is secured now for some time...it just seems like a futile effort to me. People are treating the NHL like they've been stood up and it's personal - it's not.

Just going to vent here cause I don't know where else to and right now i'm pretty p.o'd. The big thank you / we are sorry to the fans is a couple of open practices (fun but its really a nothing gesture), some discounted food (BFD!) FOR PEOPLE AT THE GAMES. 50% off at the team store ONLY FOR PEOPLE AT THE FIRST 3 GAMES - thats the situation as I was told by the folks at the team store. I'm sorry but thats just total BS!!! It is an extreme minority of fans that can actually attend any game, let alone the first 3, which for all practical purposes are sold out already anyway, 46 minutes after they went on sale.

We all suffered the same during the lock out, yet only the priveledged few get anything.

Would have loved to pick up some new logo gear at a discount. Would have made me feel a little better about losing so much of something I truly love. I watch every game. I know this team inside and out. I get nothing.

That sucks...thanks a lot canucks org and a big eff ewe.

I think the majority of people are upset when a bunch of millionaires and billionaires are in a pissing match about money when the average paying fan makes a yearly salary that most players make in a few weeks.

I'd support most other walk-outs, strikes and lockouts when the average worker makes no more than 6 figures a year, especially teachers. This was just a situation that could've been avoided.

To be fair, I won't boycott the team, we all know that will be impossible in this area. However I won't be attending any games or buying any merchandise for quite some time.

But should they not care as a result? When they renegotiate it's about protecting interests - both present and future, not something that they abandon because "well, we make enough".

Sure, these guys make ridiculous sums of money and they're not in there, fighting tooth and nail, for survival, like others who have contracts on the line. But they make the big bucks for a reason - they sacrifice any form of privacy or normal life. They miss their children's milestones, like birthdays and first words and first days of school. They risk possible career ending injury that could affect them for years after they retire. Should we feel sorry for them? No, absolutely not. But it's also understandable that, despite what they make, they still have their interests at heart first and foremost. That they go into battle just like those others, with the same mindset. Somehow people expect something different?

This is also the Lu mentality - that, somehow, the money dictates everything. People have argued about his earnings as if, somehow, that should have made him infallible. Perfect. The paycheque doesn't take away the fact that these are everyday people performing everyday functions. Negotiations are about protecting the future as well as just the present....so these guys have to set a line and, when that's getting pushed back, this is what happens. But I don't know that fans should carry a grudge...I certainly don't.

Do you guys know, are tickets from ticketmaster generlly more expensive on saturday games? I noticed that the home-opener is more expensive, but I am not sure if that is because it is on Saturday, or because it is the opener.

best way to get game tickets.

go to rogers arena at 7 pm. wait till those bum ass scalpers approach you and by this time, the game has already started. The tickets have lost 50% of their sale value. Negotiate with them on how much you wanna pay, if it doesn't work find someone else or go home and watch the canucks lose on tv for free.

I've done this so many times and have gotten great deals.

But should they not care as a result? When they renegotiate it's about protecting interests - both present and future, not something that they abandon because "well, we make enough".

Sure, these guys make ridiculous sums of money and they're not in there, fighting tooth and nail, for survival, like others who have contracts on the line. But they make the big bucks for a reason - they sacrifice any form of privacy or normal life. They miss their children's milestones, like birthdays and first words and first days of school. They risk possible career ending injury that could affect them for years after they retire. Should we feel sorry for them? No, absolutely not. But it's also understandable that, despite what they make, they still have their interests at heart first and foremost. That they go into battle just like those others, with the same mindset. Somehow people expect something different?

This is also the Lu mentality - that, somehow, the money dictates everything. People have argued about his earnings as if, somehow, that should have made him infallible. Perfect. The paycheque doesn't take away the fact that these are everyday people performing everyday functions. Negotiations are about protecting the future as well as just the present....so these guys have to set a line and, when that's getting pushed back, this is what happens. But I don't know that fans should carry a grudge...I certainly don't.

Archived