The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jim Vandermeer

Strombone1

Great signing imo. I wasn't of the opinion that Conn could have stepped up this year anyway. Makes you wonder if Edler is moving and maybe Ballard steps up. I wouldn't like that to be honest. I think to win a SC we need all these guys.

Three for toughness? Hey, Alberts and Barker have shown they're willing. But they lose most of their fights. Vandy goes toe to toe with the big guys and grins ear to ear, as has been mentioned already!

Best quote here today; and I'm grinning from ear to ear. I've been calling for a nasty right D to clear our net and punish opposing forwards for more than a year! And yes, Vandy add's a second pickup to Garrison who will push guys like Joe Thornton away from our net. Sure its just depth, but at least its in our toolbox!

If he can take on Lucic, imagine what pipsqueeks like Marchand will get???

Hey,I agree whole heartedly Plus who wants Kassian in the box when he can score goals, and Vandy is the better fighter anyway? Edmonton (for now) is just playing tough so their fans can have some entertainment for their squad when it loses.

Where it will really help is against LA, who got mileage running at Tanev and others. Make no mistake, amongst the top two reasons we lost to LA is they manipulated size match ups in their favour at their will! Of course this was also the number one reason we lost to Boston; beyond size match ups they simply beat on us until we broke.

We've now added 220 lb Garrison, 222 lb Barker and nasty MoFo Vandy this off season. Gillis; bring us another big right winger and I'm voting for exec of the year once again after questioning lots last year!

Great signing. The team has such a great contrast when you look at the new toughness in Kassian and the signings this year and the skill we already have. It's the perfect recipe if you ask me...especially when the refs put away the whistle in the post season.

I am very excited.

I'd rather have barker on the 2 way contract and dandy vandy on the NHL club full time, but I'm sure Barker wasn't going to sign a 2 way deal and Vandy wants to be here so bad that he doesn't care what his contract is really. That attitude of the do anything for the team has always bowed well for guys in our organization, he might just play his way onto the team full time. If he's clearing guys out, getting good pims that are neccissary and wearing down other teams guys thats great! I almost want to save him till the playoffs when his style of D is more evident :) Attitude is so important when your making cup run's, this guy wants to be here and wants to win and seems like he will do anything for that :D good job MG 9 D is solid and we will most drop 1 or 2 at the end of the year depending on if Edler resigns...

Great signing. The team has such a great contrast when you look at the new toughness in Kassian and the signings this year and the skill we already have. It's the perfect recipe if you ask me...especially when the refs put away the whistle in the post season.

I am very excited.

Archived