The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth to have MRI on strained groin

The Kassassin Train

Booth is not a true Canuck. I surely hope we trade him soon. He always bobbles the puck when he skates and I feel he gets very lucky when he actually is able to control it. Now that he has a bad knee he is not what we need. We have to trade him now while he still has value. We should package booth with luongo. Trade booth a 2nd rounder, and Luongo for Kessel and Reimer. Move Kessel onto wing with raymond. Our lines will look like this once kesler is back:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Raymond Kesler Kessel

Higgins Lappy Kassian

Weise Schroeder someone???

Boom. We are just about ready to go. Pull the trigger Gillis

But Hansen also wins them the puck, which maximizes time in the offensive end. Kassian is not the energy player that Hansen or Burrows is. I readily admit Kassian might score more than Hansen; but likely the Sedins will score less as they might not even have the puck.

I think Kassian makes more sense with the Sedins then Hansen. Hansens been tried there and he doesn't have the hands to finish. Kassian does, and he can make sure nobody touches the Sedins.

Booth is not a true Canuck. I surely hope we trade him soon. He always bobbles the puck when he skates and I feel he gets very lucky when he actually is able to control it. Now that he has a bad knee he is not what we need. We have to trade him now while he still has value. We should package booth with luongo. Trade booth a 2nd rounder, and Luongo for Kessel and Reimer. Move Kessel onto wing with raymond. Our lines will look like this once kesler is back:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Raymond Kesler Kessel

Higgins Lappy Kassian

Weise Schroeder someone???

Boom. We are just about ready to go. Pull the trigger Gillis

But Hansen also wins them the puck, which maximizes time in the offensive end. Kassian is not the energy player that Hansen or Burrows is. I readily admit Kassian might score more than Hansen; but likely the Sedins will score less as they might not even have the puck.

Wow these injuries are going to pile up all over the league soon. MG did a fantastic job of getting 2 depth defencemen, now he needs to focus on top-6 forwards capable of playing 16-18 minutes a game. Ideally a center and middle-6 forward would be a perfect fit, and we have Luongo and Ballard to move to free up cap space.

Here's how I'd like to see us start the season if Booth isn't ready to go:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (or Hansen/Raymond would suffice, everyone has success with the twins)

Higgins - Lapierre - Burrows (ex-Habs and Quebec boys have shown chemistry before)

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen (very fast line)

Weise - Malhotra - Pinizotto (big hitters and Pinizotto would have out performed every other 4th liner last year if healthy)

Thanx for that backup!

I suppose in a perfect world we could find a bigger winger, who still had the speed and wear with all to do all the dirty work. The difference between Brown in LA and Burrows here is simple; 20 pounds.

When we had CoHo here, and Manny was not injured yet, I always wondered why we did not load the top line with Kesler three or 7 times a game? He could have still played a 2knd line Selke role, but come up to the top line in key situations.

Not to mention that Hansen, like Burrows, is a speedy defensive player that can back check so that the Sedins can be more aggressive offensively. Kassian isn't there yet, and might be better suited playing with a great 2-way player in Kesler to master his defense.

Not gonna lie, could care less that Booth isn't starting the season in the Canucks lineup.

I'd like to see a line of young guns who play sheltered mins. Higgy-Lappy-Hansen will eat all the tough mins, Sedins line and Mannys line could share the workload. Give Raymond- Schroeder- Kassian all the o-zone starts and 4th line opponents they can handle. Canucks have 2 great goalies and a solid defensive back end - they'll be fine.

I still don't have Raymond on the 2nd line.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Schroeder - Kassian

Raymond - Lapierre - Hansen

Volpatti - Malholtra - Weise

Ebbett (Blake?)

Hamhuis (?) - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

Vandermeer/Barker

Schneider

Luongo

I say keep Luongo, with the condensed schedule we'll need him. Hamhuis sat out practice, as well as Kassian (back), some real questions in our line up all of the sudden.

Archived