The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth out 4 to 6 weeks

hockeyville88

I don't have an issue with him as a player/ person. I think he has an attractive personality and I enjoy watching him as a Vancouver Canuck. He's an interesting person and if people are so offended by his off-the-ice life choices... that's kind of ridiculous. It's not like he's partying his a$$ off or whatever.

Unfortunate he'll be gone for so long. Hopefully the team can make it into the playoffs and then have a healthy Booth + Kesler to lead the charge.

I get so tired of having to hear Jason Botchford rip Booth all the time, he makes non-stop jokes about Booth's hunting on twitter, it is getting old.

Then he takes every opportunity to rip him and he did once again today on Studs and Duds.

Just getting tired of the guy's constant negativity towards certain players.

I didnt realize that so many hockey fans were vegetarians !

I am not a big fan of people who pose in front of what they have killed with a gun

If they had done it, without weapons, or even out of self defence, I could understand the pose somewhat

Anyways, I for one dont care or get upset regarding his hunting exploits outside of Hockey

What I want to see him shoot, is more pucks in the Oppositions net !

Isn't that what every Canuck fan wants?

Nope.

I'm sorry but I respect people who own up to their shortcomings. When the defending Stanley Cup finalists and 2x Presidents Trophy winners are knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, I want to hear the team talk about what went wrong. I don't want players who tweet verses of the bible as explanations of how it is just a part of life.

Every other player admitted that they didn't play up to expectations. No one else was quoting scripture.

With a $4 million salary comes high expectations. When they are not met, I would hope that he could be a man and admit that he underperformed.

Here is a sampling of his tweets. Check out the comments everyone made in that thread:

/topic/328662-interesting-comments-by-david-booth-on-twitter-today/">http://forum.canucks...-twitter-today/

To those who are saying I have a problem with him being Christian:

That is the furthest thing from the truth. Malhotra, Hamhuis, and Luongo are also Christian and very religious and I think that's awesome. We don't know which other players are religious but, given the amount of pressure these guys are under on a daily basis, I think they'd be crazy not to turn to religion to keep them grounded.

Check out this video of Manny getting ready to go on the ice. When I saw it I thought it was great that he encorporates time for a quick prayer before practice:

I am a goaltender. There is no way I would have survived the pressure of that position without some form of meditation or prayer or whatever else you want to call it. What do you think I'm doing in the net when our championship game goes to a shootout? I'm freaking praying my arse off!

I have issues with David Booth - his religious practices is not one of them

Archived