The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth out 4 to 6 weeks

hockeyville88

I was just on here posting a couple of days ago that there will be a lot of groin injuries this year. This is what happens when players aren't in shape and get over worked. The season hasn't even begun yet and Booth is out. What happens when these guys have to play back to back games on the week end.

I've had a groin injury before and it sucks.

The players that played in Europe and AHL will be far better off as far as these types of injuries go.

Not good. Now our depth chart to start the season will have to be:

Sedin Sedin (Burrows or Kassian)

Raymond Schroeder (Burr or Kass)

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Pinizotto Malhotra Weise

Some of the 4th liners can be replaced but i've been a fan of Pinizotto ever since he destroyed Glencross last year. This lineup looks serviceable, but only if things go perfectly. There's very little room for error or injuries...

Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg

Rubs everyone the wrong way? Why? because he hunts and / or he's a Christian?!

Nope.

I'm sorry but I respect people who own up to their shortcomings. When the defending Stanley Cup finalists and 2x Presidents Trophy winners are knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, I want to hear the team talk about what went wrong. I don't want players who tweet verses of the bible as explanations of how it is just a part of life.

Every other player admitted that they didn't play up to expectations. No one else was quoting scripture.

With a $4 million salary comes high expectations. When they are not met, I would hope that he could be a man and admit that he underperformed.

Here is a sampling of his tweets. Check out the comments everyone made in that thread:

Not good. Now our depth chart to start the season will have to be:

Sedin Sedin (Burrows or Kassian)

Raymond Schroeder (Burr or Kass)

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Pinizotto Malhotra Weise

Some of the 4th liners can be replaced but i've been a fan of Pinizotto ever since he destroyed Glencross last year. This lineup looks serviceable, but only if things go perfectly. There's very little room for error or injuries...

@FarhanLaljiTSN

Ann Schmaltz@annschmaltz

Ben Kuzma@benkuzma

Is it just me or has David Booth never really made sense here in Vancouver? The guy just doesn't feel like a Canuck. He rubs everyone the wrong way with his character, has not panned out in terms of point production, and has had horrible injury luck.

2/3rd of our 2nd line gone for a lengthy amount of time in a 48-game season. Oyyy.

So about 18 games without Booth (and probably Kesler), almost half the season.

The Canucks will now struggle to make the playoffs. Higgins better have a monster season and I expect Hansen to really step up:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Raymond - Schroeder - Pinizotto

Weise - Malhotra - Volpatti

Hansen is definately capable of scoring 20 goals, as is Higgins. If we can hover around playoff contention until Kesler and Booth get back we'll be fine, but that is a very thin bottom-9.

The injury feels like a slap in the face especially right after Gillis signs a bunch of D-men to counteract our injury woes.

We need to get as much scoring out of the Sedins as possible. Maybe AV should try Kassian or Hansen with the Sedins. Burrows can be a good playmaker while being more efficient with the puck than Hansen and imo Higgins and Raymond need a player like that.

Archived