The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth out 4 to 6 weeks

hockeyville88

That's too bad, I was expecting this to be a comeback season for Booth. We're either going to be getting something through the Luongo deal, or Schroeder and Kassian will just need to step it up big time. Who knows, either way it's going to be interesting.

Edit: Kassian looks like a psychopath. I like it.

Nope.

I'm sorry but I respect people who own up to their shortcomings. When the defending Stanley Cup finalists and 2x Presidents Trophy winners are knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, I want to hear the team talk about what went wrong. I don't want players who tweet verses of the bible as explanations of how it is just a part of life.

Every other player admitted that they didn't play up to expectations. No one else was quoting scripture.

With a $4 million salary comes high expectations. When they are not met, I would hope that he could be a man and admit that he underperformed.

Here is a sampling of his tweets. Check out the comments everyone made in that thread:

/topic/328662-interesting-comments-by-david-booth-on-twitter-today/">http://forum.canucks...-twitter-today/

I was just looking at other forwards in that $4M range. You have guys like Eriksson, Lupul and Michalek and J. Staal who posted really good numbers, but if you look at the rest of those forwards and their point production they fall around the same range. So again I'm wondering why people are saying he is under-performing.

http://www.capgeek.c...2012&player=813

He's not bad, he's not good, he's average.

Gillis is not going to go into the season with no support for the Sedins (aka NO proven 2nd line?!!).

Look for some cap deals or player deals to shore up their offence. No Kes/Booth for a month or longer in a short season could mean making or not making the playoffs. Luongo isn't going anywhere this season especially with Toronto's lame package.

@FarhanLaljiTSN

Ann Schmaltz@annschmaltz

Ben Kuzma@benkuzma

Is it just me or has David Booth never really made sense here in Vancouver? The guy just doesn't feel like a Canuck. He rubs everyone the wrong way with his character, has not panned out in terms of point production, and has had horrible injury luck.

2/3rd of our 2nd line gone for a lengthy amount of time in a 48-game season. Oyyy.

He does that all the time. Those were his first words when interviewed after the trade about his concussions. Guy asked him how he rehabed and he when on and on about God and blah blah blah. That's what bugs me about these Christian types. Yeah, we get it, everything you do is because God, about God, for God, whatever. Skip that part and speak words that actually contribute to the conversation. We'll all just add because of God to everything you say.

Archived