The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth out 4 to 6 weeks

hockeyville88

I genuinely think we tank this season and draft Jones.

it's not going to be by choice but when our lineup is.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Raymond Malhotra Kasian

Weise Schroeder Ebbett

If Kesler isn't back within 15 games I just cannot see us making the playoffs without our goalies igniting with our D simultaneously.

He does that all the time. Those were his first words when interviewed after the trade about his concussions. Guy asked him how he rehabed and he when on and on about God and blah blah blah. That's what bugs me about these Christian types. Yeah, we get it, everything you do is because God, about God, for God, whatever. Skip that part and speak words that actually contribute to the conversation. We'll all just add because of God to everything you say.

To those who are saying I have a problem with him being Christian:

That is the furthest thing from the truth. Malhotra, Hamhuis, and Luongo are also Christian and very religious and I think that's awesome. We don't know which other players are religious but, given the amount of pressure these guys are under on a daily basis, I think they'd be crazy not to turn to religion to keep them grounded.

Check out this video of Manny getting ready to go on the ice. When I saw it I thought it was great that he encorporates time for a quick prayer before practice:

I am a goaltender. There is no way I would have survived the pressure of that position without some form of meditation or prayer or whatever else you want to call it. What do you think I'm doing in the net when our championship game goes to a shootout? I'm freaking praying my arse off!

I have issues with David Booth - his religious practices is not one of them

To those who are saying I have a problem with him being Christian:

That is the furthest thing from the truth. Malhotra, Hamhuis, and Luongo are also Christian and very religious and I think that's awesome. We don't know which other players are religious but, given the amount of pressure these guys are under on a daily basis, I think they'd be crazy not to turn to religion to keep them grounded.

Check out this video of Manny getting ready to go on the ice. When I saw it I thought it was great that he encorporates time for a quick prayer before practice:

I am a goaltender. There is no way I would have survived the pressure of that position without some form of meditation or prayer or whatever else you want to call it. What do you think I'm doing in the net when our championship game goes to a shootout? I'm freaking praying my arse off!

I have issues with David Booth - his religious practices is not one of them

I don't hear the agnostics or atheists of the NHL answering questions with "god' in them when being interviewed, Booth should do the same and keep his beliefs to himself.

Better yet, maybe a player who is an atheist one day should just say in an interview he got this far in the game because he wasn't hauled off to church by his parents every Sunday morning and had more time to practice.

Archived