The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brett Sterling

Canouver

His stats in the NHL when he has been called up look pretty good and his AHL stats look amazing but it's probably a case of a guy tearing up the AHL but not being able to transition the success in the NHL. stats look decent though and when he has been called up he has produced so I don't think he got much of a chance, maybe they could give him a shot ? idk

This, he's Wolves property, not ours.

Why would we want to? It's another contract against our 50 contract limit, and if we feel we need to bring up a winger we have other options in Sweatt, Rodin, Gordon, Archibald, etc. We'd use the prospects we already have first, before we bring in another AHL'er.

Sterling is another smaller player like we already have in Ebbett and Schroeder, and he's the equivalent of Jason Krog or Jaffray we had a few years back - great AHL player but not very effective in the NHL.

The Canucks could sign him. However, he has a standard problem -- typecast as a minor leaguer even though he consistently puts up good numbers. (Haydar has been in the same category.)

I think players like this probably could help NHL teams, but they rarely get a shot.

and Schroeder is HUGE and very EFFECTIVE. And Ebbett has 24 goals in 163 games. I think signing a player who has been a point per game player in the AHL for a long time would be a good idea. Give this guy a chance he could do something.

Archived