The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What if Luongo outplays Schneider?

yogolol

So what if we don't trade Luongo and he ends up outplaying Schneider, kind of like a reverse of what happened last year. In this situation would you rather keep Luongo and trade Schneider (who would probably get us a better return) or keep Schneider because he's younger, can only get better, he's also cheaper. I personally don't think this is going to happen, but it would be very confusing for canucks management if it did.

Scenarios

1. Schneider plays unreal Saturday and Luongo gets lit up by the kids Sunday - It will hurt the Canucks re-sale chances of Luongo a bit and the fans will go nuts about getting rid of him quickly.

2. Schneider gets lit up Saturday and Luongo plays huge on Sunday - Fans will yell trade schneider, luongo is better and alwaya has been. Bad scenario for canucks management, difficult situation that will need to be waited out. Might have to keep Luongo for the season.

3. Start Schneider both games and try to shadow Luongo as long as you can till you trade him - Best decision for the canucks right now and in the long run, avoids an injury to him and keep his trade value in tact.

Thats my 2 cents...

Scenarios

1. Schneider plays unreal Saturday and Luongo gets lit up by the kids Sunday - It will hurt the Canucks re-sale chances of Luongo a bit and the fans will go nuts about getting rid of him quickly.

2. Schneider gets lit up Saturday and Luongo plays huge on Sunday - Fans will yell trade schneider, luongo is better and alwaya has been. Bad scenario for canucks management, difficult situation that will need to be waited out. Might have to keep Luongo for the season.

3. Start Schneider both games and try to shadow Luongo as long as you can till you trade him - Best decision for the canucks right now and in the long run, avoids an injury to him and keep his trade value in tact.

Thats my 2 cents...

Money aside, you can pick any teams goalie tandem right now on the books for your 48 game season and then the playoffs, assuming you make it.

What team is in a better position with goalies than Vancouver?

Now, your not a CFO/CEO so ignore the money, just answer the question: what team is stronger in net right now with their tandem, than us with ours?

Money aside, you can pick any teams goalie tandem right now on the books for your 48 game season and then the playoffs, assuming you make it.

What team is in a better position with goalies than Vancouver?

Now, your not a CFO/CEO so ignore the money, just answer the question: what team is stronger in net right now with their tandem, than us with ours?

The only other two tandems that stack up close to ours right now is Quick and Bernier in LA, you can't argue with the most recent cup, and Miller/Enroth in Buffalo..something about them for me puts them slightly over Lundqvist/Biron in New York..i think it is that we all know Biron is in decline and is just a capable backup at this stage, over 35 with 12 wins last year..

I am pretty solid in my conviction that Vancouver wins the goalie tandem competition right now in the NHL, why not go with that and stop the other guys from scoring, at least from scoring more than us, more often.

Archived