Sean Couturier

1st rd pick

To Det:

Keith Ballard

Mason Raymond

To Van:

Justin Abdelkader

1st rd pick

With the 1st trade, Caps solidfy their goaltending instead of having a carousel of 2 young unproven goalies and Canucks get a young D-man in Carlson who can replace Edler. This would also put Lu pretty close to his family in FLA.

2nd trade, Since Philly needs help on the back-end, and since they have a lot of good young players upfront, they can afford to depart with one of their young guns in Couturier. We lose the risk of having Edler leave for nothing (and as noted above, he'll be replaced by Carlson)

3rd trade, Detroit is absolutely desperate for D, so much so that rumours are, they might even be looking to sign Wade Redden! We get a great 3rd line player in Abdelkader and rid ourselves of this overpaid 5th Dman and a winger we should've gotten rid of a long time ago.

We also obtain 2 1st round picks, which would give us 3 1st rounder in next years draft. We could compete right now and also set ourselves up for the future to compete with EDM.

Lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Couturier-Kesler

Abdelkader-Lappierre-Higgins

Hansen-Malhotra-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Carlson-Garrison

Alberts-Tanev

Barker-Vandermeer

Schneider

Neuvirth

@ Torterella's rant, I strongly doubt any team would give a first for ballard & raymond, not to mention throwing in a speedy, young, smart player in Abdelkader.

Philly declines that deal for sure, you'll need to send an asset back that isn't some scrub prospect like sauve or rodin, but a proven solid player, like Higgins or Hansen, who i'm huge fans of.

Just because we don't want players like Raymond or Ballard, doesn't mean others will want them. If they do, then great. I'm a huge ballard fan myself, and i love raymond when he decides to crash the net, but yeah, none of these trades would be accepted.

None of those deals go through:

• Capitals aren't going to send extra assets (much less a top young D) to improve their goaltending. They're happy to see what Neuvirth and Holtby can do this year - this isn't the Leafs goaltending we're talking about.

• Philly would like to upgrade on D, but not at the expense of Couturier and a 1st round pick in a deep draft.

• Extra pieces like Ballard and Raymond won't get you a 1st on their own, let alone after including a roster player. Helm has some uncertainty around injuries, so Detroit isn't rushing to move his backup in Abdelkader either.

The Wings trade is most realistic. Of course CDC will overvalue a third line grinder and assert that you need to give up Kesler, Jensen and a first to get the guy.

@ Torterella's rant, I strongly doubt any team would give a first for ballard & raymond, not to mention throwing in a speedy, young, smart player in Abdelkader.

Philly declines that deal for sure, you'll need to send an asset back that isn't some scrub prospect like sauve or rodin, but a proven solid player, like Higgins or Hansen, who i'm huge fans of.

Just because we don't want players like Raymond or Ballard, doesn't mean others will want them. If they do, then great. I'm a huge ballard fan myself, and i love raymond when he decides to crash the net, but yeah, none of these trades would be accepted.

Archived