The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] NBA sale of Kings nearly final, would relocate to Seattle

canucklax

http://www.king5.com/sports/Kings-deal-imminent-187693711.html

The much speculated sale of the struggling Sacramento Kings could be announced as early as tomorrow.

The new Sonics would play in the Key for 2 years while a new arena is being built.

This also would push for an NHL team to relocate to Seattle as it will be built to be state of the art for both leagues

THE SONICS ARE BACK WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except the true Sonics are never going back ...I remember the times when I grew up watching the likes of Ray Allen... :sadno:....if the NBA was a bit more patient...BAM Durant and Westbrook = instant stars and the Sonics woulda stayed...

Except the true Sonics are never going back ...I remember the times when I grew up watching the likes of Ray Allen... :sadno:....if the NBA was a bit more patient...BAM Durant and Westbrook = instant stars and the Sonics woulda stayed...

If this is true I will be so very excited!!! Grew up watching the Sonics and had many great moments, miss them dearly, it's like my heart has been ripped open. Many of you won't understand as most Canadians I know don't like basketball but imagine the NHL taking the Canucks and moving them elsewhere. Exactly.

I'm from Winnipeg, and let me tell you something. If you love the jersey, and you love the team, it doesn't matter what their history is. If anything, you should view this new team with a refreshed light. Instead of putting money in the s**tbag owners pocket, you're giving it to someone who went and acquired something for your city. They're still your team, and you should embrace them. Relocation happens all the time. Something for good, sound economic reasons (Winnipeg) and some because the dirty owners figure they might make enough extra in another city to afford another ivory bidet, or whatever the incredibly wealthy buy to show others than they're men of considerable means (like the North Stars). But if Seattle is a good sports city, like Minneapolis/St. Paul is, and the passions there, what does it matter their origins?

That's a very good way to look at way, my perspective on the new looks sonics has just changed and I'm very excited to watch ex rookie of the year tyreke evans and also demarcus cousins. Sacramento is a team with lots of young talent. Id assume tickets would be pretty cheap too

Archived