The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder recalled

Can't wait to watch his NHL debut! Time for him to get a chance in the big league!

Sounds to me like he never left Van. They claimed he was "too ill to fly" to Chicago after being cut by the Canucks for opening night. So he's been in Van this whole time, just not practicing with the Canucks. I think they knew all along that he'd be on the roster in no time

Ha! I knew he never left Vancouver. Vandermeer JUST clears and Schroeder is at practice. Atta boy Schroeder! Getting his chance.

Practice lines:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Raymond - Schroeder - Weise

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Burrows - Malholtra - Volpatti

Don't understand why there is talk about his size, etc. Yeah he is a center, but can easily be converted to wing and moreover is very strong on his skates. If Raymond can play in the NHL (back injury and all) Jordan should atleast be given a chance. From the shootout stuff I watched, he has similar stuff to Cody Hodgson, is much stronger on his skates and has way more speed to him; I say the only area Cody had him in is maybe a non-one time slap shot (Cody's was pretty lethal off the wing). So considering all that, idk why the guy wasn't the obvious choice to fill in when really our whole second line vanished? (Raymond doesnt count imo).

In any case I'm very excited to see him play I hope he does well!

Don't understand why there is talk about his size, etc. Yeah he is a center, but can easily be converted to wing and moreover is very strong on his skates. If Raymond can play in the NHL (back injury and all) Jordan should atleast be given a chance. From the shootout stuff I watched, he has similar stuff to Cody Hodgson, is much stronger on his skates and has way more speed to him; I say the only area Cody had him in is maybe a non-one time slap shot (Cody's was pretty lethal off the wing). So considering all that, idk why the guy wasn't the obvious choice to fill in when really our whole second line vanished? (Raymond doesnt count imo).

In any case I'm very excited to see him play I hope he does well!

Archived