The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Fantasy Hockey problem?

Primus099

Joe, you have done some great work in cleaning up this hockeypool.

Unfortunately, new issues seem to keep popping up, leaving us players still without any confidence in our reported scores.

See Tacoma's post about double-scoring luongo.

Also, I have one suggestion for the future - once the bugs are cleaned up.

Prizes are supposed to be awarded for top score of the month, yet we have no means of sorting the leadeboard by month, to see where we are in the monthly standings. Maybe that option could be added?

Also, it would be nice if the monthly prizewinners were noted somewhere - even if only their username, doesnt have to be ther real name.

Again, thanks for your work here, it is truly unbeleivable what a mess you have been handed.

GAME 34 v EDM

Luongo listed as a skater and collected an additional 10 points for his STAR which he ALSO received as a goalie

i.e. Myself and other Luongo pickers got 10 pts too much

Hey guys,

Sorry about that. It appears that the way the NHL stats update is fairly inconsistent. Its hard to predict how the NHL stats work because they have two different categories for stats. One for players and one for Goalies. One would think that all the stats for the goalies would be recorded in the goalies category and all the skaters stats would be recorded in the players category as goalies don't show up in that category. Even players with 0 stats across the board show up in that category. But because Luongo had a turnover or a takeaway last night that recorded it as a player stat this added him to both the goalies and players categories. Luongo never shows up in the players category unless he gets one stat that a non goalie would get. Its pretty confusing.

Its a little inconsistent for my likings as I like to group things more efficiently but thats just how it works and now I have a better idea of how they track their stats. I now have to update a few things to make sure I check for such things.

I am going to try to get this updated today before tonights game and have the proper stats updated. Because Luongo was star people do have more points who picked him so this will change as well. Just be prepared for some position juggling if it occurs.

Just to let you guys know I will be updating this thing shortly. You may have up to 20 points deducted from the duplicate star stats. There were on 8 occasions throughout this season where a goalie was recorded in the player category but only twice where they received points. This is when they were a star player which is 10 points each time.

Had some reading to do as I haven't visited this board in quite a while. Guess 'cause I haven't been too unhappy with the CFH! Hey bigbee65, nice to see ya again! lol I'm not about to win the game (on p2) but still a favorite activity while the game's going on. I also miss the quick check on the leader board while the game's in progress to see how others are doing. But even more, I miss the comments board where there was usually some pretty fun dialog... also some pretty annoying stuff. But hey, it's all in the game right? Thanks Joe for all you do on this site. Can't be easy and sometimes pretty thankless! Merry Christmas to you and all the Canuck Nation!

• 2 weeks later...

Joe, to clarify the problem, I was out of the house and trying to use Canucks Fantasy Hockey on my iPhone.I kept trying to log in but whenever I clicked on the email address bar, but when I clicked it, it would disappear, thus not allowing me to log in and create my roster. I tried again todayand it was the same thing.Hopefully you can add my picks for that game (above)i in (which I wrote before puck drop). I haven't missed a single game this season and I've been pretty bummed about it ever since.

Username: gundum285

P.S I forgot to include Higgins and Dalpe to that list.

Hi Joe

I had asked Deb to contact someone> SN admin in October, Glad to see someone finally responding.

I have a few questions and suggestions.

1) how long have you been working /maintaining the Fantasy hockey?

2) are you aware of the previous version back in 2008?

3) when do you expect to have a viable and reasonable accurate fantasy hockey board up and running?

4) who are you accountable to for the work you do to maintain the fantasy hockey?

I would like to suggest rolling back to the old fantasy hockey from 2008 until you get a usuable and working fantasy hockey. I think you should scrap the current code and start fresh as it has been nothing but problems since day 1. I dont think using fans to beta test is going to help much as they are pretty frustrated. look at the logins from years past I'm sure you'll see a dramatic drop. Having the lockout has not helped much either.

There are many other threads about the fantasy hockey and the person(s) responsible for maintaining it with many coments somewhat heated to say the least. It would be nice to see some accountability and a process of rebuilding a usuable Fantasy hockey for the fans with consideration of the fans in mind and coordination with Canucks.com. With that in mind the lineup for tonights game does not show Loungo yet has a big story on his return tonight. injured players should be edited out (unavailable to pick).

I sincerily hope the fantasy hockey is fixed for the deserving fans

PB_eh

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why guys like Rob Laurie, who isn't even a member of the team, is still available as an option to pick, yet NHL regulars miss one game and they're taken off.

It makes no sense at all.

CapGeek.com actively updates their website each day and has a reserve list for each team, including roster and non-roster players.

http://capgeek.com/canucks/reserve-list/

Hi Joe

I had asked Deb to contact someone> SN admin in October, Glad to see someone finally responding.

I have a few questions and suggestions.

1) how long have you been working /maintaining the Fantasy hockey?

2) are you aware of the previous version back in 2008?

3) when do you expect to have a viable and reasonable accurate fantasy hockey board up and running?

4) who are you accountable to for the work you do to maintain the fantasy hockey?

I would like to suggest rolling back to the old fantasy hockey from 2008 until you get a usuable and working fantasy hockey. I think you should scrap the current code and start fresh as it has been nothing but problems since day 1. I dont think using fans to beta test is going to help much as they are pretty frustrated. look at the logins from years past I'm sure you'll see a dramatic drop. Having the lockout has not helped much either.

There are many other threads about the fantasy hockey and the person(s) responsible for maintaining it with many coments somewhat heated to say the least. It would be nice to see some accountability and a process of rebuilding a usuable Fantasy hockey for the fans with consideration of the fans in mind and coordination with Canucks.com. With that in mind the lineup for tonights game does not show Loungo yet has a big story on his return tonight. injured players should be edited out (unavailable to pick).

I sincerily hope the fantasy hockey is fixed for the deserving fans

PB_eh

To be fair, it's improved massively this year.

Joe , 3 things.

1/ could you please explain how you are now handling player movements / lineup changes - just so we know what to expect?

2/ Dalpe is missing from the roster, as has already been mentioned on this board.

3/ Kellen Lain's player value of 3 seems a bit much, a rookie, never played NHL. Archibald was top scorer in Utica and he has a value of 1, which seems a bit closer to what it should be, IMO.

Thanks for all your work.

Joe , 3 things.

1/ could you please explain how you are now handling player movements / lineup changes - just so we know what to expect?

2/ Dalpe is missing from the roster, as has already been mentioned on this board.

3/ Kellen Lain's player value of 3 seems a bit much, a rookie, never played NHL. Archibald was top scorer in Utica and he has a value of 1, which seems a bit closer to what it should be, IMO.

Thanks for all your work.

Just my opinion, but I think anyone who is on a 2-way contract should be 1 point. I mean, you only get a 2-way contract if you're a rookie or if there's doubt that you're good enough to be a full-time NHLer. In either case, with the exception of exceptional rookies, those guys aren't generally counted on to be contributing to the team's success night in, night out.

Thank you for correcting the Higgins scoring change.

Checked on some of the other games from this month and it appears as if Tom Sestito wasn't credited with a goal for the January 5 game vs. Anaheim. This scoring change happened 2 days after the game (weird, right?)

http://www.nhl.com/g...e?id=2013020642

NHL Public Relations@PR_NHL

Jan 7

OFFICIAL SCORING CHANGE: Game #642 - @VanCanucks at @AnaheimDucks. Goal at 11:39 of 1st per. now reads: Tom Sestito from H. Sedin, Garrison.

Changes:

Tom Sestito: +1 Powerplay Goal

Henrik Sedin: -1 Powerplay Goal, +1 Powerplay Assist

Daniel Sedin: -1 Powerplay Assist

Also, Jordan Schroeder is supposed to be in the lineup tonight, but is not available as an option in Fantasy Hockey.

To be fair, it's improved massively this year.

elaborate?

did you ever play 2008 version?

i see all the corrections you requested ... its fun?

here is the canucks lineup

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/depthchart.htm?dcid=23 its not the same as fantasy lineup so how do i know whos playing?.... just guess? is henrik playing tonight? Bieksa out?

where can i see how im doing as the game progresses? link?

elaborate?

did you ever play 2008 version?

i see all the corrections you requested ... its fun?

here is the canucks lineup

http://canucks.nhl.c...art.htm?dcid=23 its not the same as fantasy lineup so how do i know whos playing?.... just guess? is henrik playing tonight? Bieksa out?

where can i see how im doing as the game progresses? link?

Yes, I've played for several years. I was speaking in relation to the updated version ('11-'12, '12-'13, '13-'14). It was brutal the prior 2 years and has improved substantially this year. The current iteration compared to the old NHL-provided version is pretty even from what I remember of the old one. Both have pros and cons.

I have fun playing it. It was a lot less fun when the scoring rules changed mid-year 2 years ago and grandfathered the new scoring rules in. On a personal level, that dropped me something like 20 spots overnight, which really irked me. That was certainly not appreciated. Nor were the phantom games and phantom points that some players received (or lost) and, of course, hits were supposed to count last year, but didn't. All of those things have been fixed this year and more.

The lineup thing is definitely an issue and the old system certainly was superior in that aspect for established players, although re-called minor leaguers weren't always available while they generally are with the new version. It didn't scratch players who were injured, but Bieksa is out for tonight's game as is Henrik. You have to do your research as with any fantasy hockey if you want to be successful.

To see how you're doing in the current game, go to the leaderboards, click on your name, and click on the current game. It shows you the players on your roster as well as players that you left off your roster.

Archived