The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-Fla

Just a thought i was having. Since our team is looking good right now... plus kesler and booth coming back in at some point it seems MG doesn't need to do too much tweeking this year. I say maybe in the luongo trade MG should concentrate on the future.

To Van:

Bjugstad, 1st 2013

To florida:

Luongo, Gaunce

hard to give up on gaunce so early but a line of Jensen Bjugstad Kassian looks so tempting

Sedin Sedin kassian

Booth Kesler Burrows

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Higgins Lappy Malhotra

Hamuis Bieksa

Edler garrison

Tanev Ballard

schnieder

Lack

Play offs

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Burrows

Raymond Bjugstad Jensen

Higgins Lappy Hansen

Hamuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Ballard Tanev

Schnieder

Lack

next year

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Schroeder

Jensen Bjugstad Kassian

Higgins Lappy Hansen

Hamuis Bieksa

Edler Garisson

Corrado Tanev

Schnieder

Lack

Gaunce is actually a big piece going back that I wonder if they'd consider. I don't know if Bjugstad is enough of a guarantee to give up Gaunce, although I do think he has a little higher potential. It's so close though, I don't know if I do that, when otherwise you consider we're getting a 1st for Luongo.

It's not bad but as others have mentioned, the 1st might end up in the bottom half of the draft. Florida might want to keep the more immediate return of Bjugstad than a future prospect in Gaunce, there's a lot of variables, but I just don't think the return is high enough for what we give up, even though it's what we've been after.

Here's a follow up, would CDC'ers do it if LaBate were included instead of Gaunce? He has potential, but isn't necessarily as far along as Gaunce is. Florida still gets back a bigger body with skill.

Archived