The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Great to see Sami Salo playing well in Tampa

Mclean1

Watching highlights of last nights game vs Ottawa, it looks like his doing well and its great to see.It sucked to see him leave in the off season but hopefully he stays health and keeps contributing to Tampa's team...His forever a Canuck.

post-25339-0-87518400-1359235007_thumb.j

post-25339-0-87518400-1359235007_thumb.j

Sami was asked to play top 4 minutes last year and physically was was showing by the end of the year. Good for him that he got a 2 year deal for decent money. Getting Garrison at his age was the way to go. I wish Garrison hit the net more with his shot however. I like Edler's start and the fact that he looks solid along side Garrison. With time Garrison should show his strengths more consistantly.

He's going to complement what they had already started to build there. Nice to see him contributing early. A shortened season with several games packed together do make me worry for him a little. Little tweaks and tears won't get much time to heal and could more easily turn into bigger problems for him.

I wish we still had him but overall I'd rather have Garrison and Tanev coming up really left little room for him.

Archived