The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keep U2

The Creature Blue Lagoon

I know the organization is tinkering with the intro song and I thought I would post a this topic to vocalize the need to keep the U2 song; anybody else that agrees or disagress please post so we can really what the flavour of the city is.

I myself have gone through points where I was sick and tired of the song, and wished it would change, but the more I think about, the more I watch opening sequences of the Nucks coming out the tunnel, the latest cup run, with the sirens and the guitar blasting, the more I realize this is the intro we should have.

Any thoughts?

P.S. Anybody else see that weird post about Kassian licking his lips............... weird...

Agree! Where the Streets have No Name has heart, it has energy, it has passion, it's our identity. They dump it for some weak, insipid, techno crap that couldn't possibly inspire anyone let alone rev up the team and the crowd. Embarrassing. Bring back U2! :towel:

I agree with Scarface, U2 song is amazing. It is a special song to Vancouver.

Only Canadiens and Canucks have U2 has one of their main songs.

Canadiens use Vertigo by U2 for goal song and Canucks use Where The Streets Have No Name by U2, both teams names means Canadian so it is funny how both use U2.

Please keep U2!

First off, the lyrics are cut out, I think its obvious for this very reason.

Secondly, the build up to the song is very emotional and can and should be seen as inspiring; slowing building to a surge.

Thirdly, the horn placed in the song is awesome....

Fourthly, the song itself attempts to suggest the differences we have do not matter and that we are all people, one in the same. This theme fits perfecty, with the theme of "We are all Canucks."

I agree with Scarface, U2 song is amazing. It is a special song to Vancouver.

Only Canadiens and Canucks have U2 has one of their main songs.

Canadiens use Vertigo by U2 for goal song and Canucks use Where The Streets Have No Name by U2, both teams names means Canadian so it is funny how both use U2.

Please keep U2!

personally, i never like the U2 song. it's too soft (in these moments, i appreciate the fact there's no more minus votes haha).

it's not like i need Rammstein to get me going, but i just don't think U2 is good enough. fine it gives you goosebumps, but it's not a "let's go out there and kill them" song. i want intensity.

this is a personal opinion, and i completely understand why people liked U2. either way, honestly, the game is the game, and that's all i care about.

Archived