The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you think there's a coaching problem?

Merci

Where do we draw the line?  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Your all idiots 6 games in why dont you all go play with your dolls and cry me a river please its 6 games and they are tide for first in the division. They will get going soon, how many times Have they had loosing streaks and then gone on a good roll so give it a break.

What glasses, if you think the Sedins were effective at all 5 on 5 then I think your the one wearing the glasses.

Schroeder was great yet again and lead all center's in faceoff percentage. If AV would ever think to put Burrows or Higgins or Hansen on his line rather than Weise maybe that line would finish.

Yea you see the best defense men plays against the best forward.

Schroder looks better out their because LA are missing Greene, he has space to skate around and find the opening.

Calling Schroeder better than the Sedins is comical and only demonstrates how ur grasping at straws to explain an injured team having a hard time beating the Stanely Cup champions.

The only issue with the team so far is we don't have a 2nd line, and Bieksa, Edler, And Garrison are terrible defensively.

Sitting on a 1-goal lead? Good job. It's the coach who says "ice the puck over and over again. That'll do!"

Not even bothering to try and shake up the defense when only Ballard - Tanev are playing any good.

Garrison - Edler pairing is stupid. At the very least, switch them. EDLER HAS NEVER PLAYED RIGHT SIDE D WELL! GARRISON DOES! DERP! HERP DERP!

Edler had a god-awful game. Just plain awful. So... who shoots in the shootout? Yea, you guessed it.

As much as I like the starts Wiese and Volpatti have had... come on now... keep them on the 4th line.

The stupid thing about this is that this isn't a "one-game" thing. This happens ALL THE TIME! AV has no clue. None at all. I honestly don't even know what this guy is actually doing behind the bench...

The Sedins are the ones planning the forward plays... choosing their PP linemate, even!

Malhotra essentially coaches the centers...

Bowness coaches the defense, and does a horrible job of it, too!

Melanson coaches the goalies.

FIRE AV AND BRING IN A COACH THAT COACHES AND DOES HIS JOB! AV IS COMPLETELY USELESS!

Seriously, all this guy does is throw out stupid line combos and tells the team which games to write off, and when to stop trying. He holds grudges and shows blind favoritism.

He has no clue as far as shootout is concerned. The Sedins shouldn't be aloud to refuse shootouts the way they do. A real coach tells them to suck it up and figure it out. The Sedins should be amazing at shootouts. They can pass the puck between half a dozen sets of legs and sticks, but can't thread the needle in a shootout?

Just the same, Luongo can't say when it is the right time to be pulled. AV doesn't do his job. He just makes friends, and he makes enemies. He brings cliques and politics into the locker room. It has to come to an end. This guy is a joke.

Your all idiots 6 games in why dont you all go play with your dolls and cry me a river please its 6 games and they are tide for first in the division. They will get going soon, how many times Have they had loosing streaks and then gone on a good roll so give it a break.

Our fan base would guarantee 41 sellouts a year at hugely inflated ticket prices as well as massive local television ratings and revenue and a huge boost in team merchandise sales and other ancillary revenue streams. In short, our fan base would instantly transform Columbus from a 'have-not' franchise not only to a 'have' but to a marquee franchise in the NHL, probably tripling or quadrupling the monetary value of the Columbus franchise overnight.

John P McConnell would have John Davidson and Scott Howson shot if they ever turned down a deal to acquire the Vancouver and the BC hockey fanbase.

Ridiculously, horribly, illiturate, grade-school grammar aside, if you think this is about six games, then you need to watch more hockey. This is not a reactionary response to the start of the season. This is a growing aggravation with a poorly-coached team that has been playing out for years. AV is ineffective and needs to go.

You know... I've never been a 'FIRE AV' guy but tonight, when they were up 2-0, the cameras focussed on the Sedins on the bench staring blankly ahead, then panned over to Vigneault leaning back with his hands in his pockets chewing gum and looking up at the clock ... I did have that flash that, yeah, a coaching change might be ideal for this team.

Just to highlight, this isn't a kneejerk reaction, I mean we were winning at that point, but still. There does come a point when you look at the skill level, the achievements over the past few seasons, and then the lacklustre indifference out there on the ice and think, one or the other (players/coaching) needs to change.

In the past I've chuckled when the inevitable FIRE AV! choruses have started up. This season I think might be different. We'll see where we're at at the halfway point.

ps that 'Protect the 0-0 Tie' AV meme is f/cking excellent btw.

You know... I've never been a 'FIRE AV' guy but tonight, when they were up 2-0, the cameras focussed on the Sedins on the bench staring blankly ahead, then panned over to Vigneault leaning back with his hands in his pockets chewing gum and looking up at the clock ... I did have that flash that, yeah, a coaching change might be ideal for this team.

Just to highlight, this isn't a kneejerk reaction, I mean we were winning at that point, but still. There does come a point when you look at the skill level, the achievements over the past few seasons, and then the lacklustre indifference out there on the ice and think, one or the other (players/coaching) needs to change.

In the past I've chuckled when the inevitable FIRE AV! choruses have started up. This season I think might be different. We'll see where we're at at the halfway point.

I've had enough of AV as well and have for a while now. However, to get rid of him now and in this short season might be a mistake, there doesn't seem to be many capable unemployed coaches floating around at the moment.

I think this should be AV's last shot with this team. If we dont make the playoffs, he should be canned. If we get knocked out of the playoffs early again, he should be canned. If we go a long way in the playoffs but we get manhandled again, he should be canned.

Basically, if AV doesn't deliver a Stanley cup this year he should be terminated and the rest of the coaching staff should be looked at very closely.

My opinion.

Coaching staff have tried it all. We tried playing run-and-gun with the Sharks and Ducks, ended up going 1-2-0 and getting embarassed. We tried playing a close, tight checking defensive game against LA and blow a 2 goal lead.

We probably should of reversed those roles. Play good defensive games against the Sharks and Ducks, and open it up against a not-so-offensive Kings team.

Nevertheless I'd be happy if the Canucks are playing .500 hockey by the end of the first quarter of the season, then go on a typical late-season tear.

Archived