The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] NSH-VAN

Nashville is in need of a scoring winger because of the injury to Hornqvist, and the Canucks could use a big young centerman. Don't flame, just suggest ways to improve the trade.

To NSH:

Raymond

Schroeder

2013 2nd Rounder

To VAN:

Colin Wilson

2013 5th Rounder

This is assuming Raymond can keep his current play up, increasing his trade value. Also Nashville is in a slump as of right now.

Vancouver Lineup: (With Kesler and Booth):

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Wilson-Hansen

Malhotra-Lappiere-Weise

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Bieksa

Tanev-Ballard

Schneider

Luongo

Nashville Lineup (Once Hornqvist gets back):

Kostitsyn-Fisher-Erat

Raymond-Legwand-Hornqvist

Yip-Gaustad-Spaling

Bourque-Smith-Halishuk

Weber-Josi

Klein-Hannan

Ellis-Gill

RInne

Mason

EDIT: Have no clue what Nashvilles line up is, jsut kinda pieced it together form their roster...

I'd do it.

Wilson can play centre or the wing, so he could play 2nd line centre while Kes is out, then either move to the wing or play on the 3rd line once he comes back.

He's got good offensive potential and is very strong on and off the puck. Should be a very good second line player in his prime.

Of course that being said, I don't think Nashville would do it.

While I don't mind Colin Wilson, why do we give up so much for him? Both Schroeder and Raymond, and we give them a 2nd for their 5th? How is this a good deal for us, especially when we have plenty of young centers coming up in the next few years. Once Kesler's back, we'll be ok for centers, with Manny and Lappy in the bottom 6 and Kesler and Henrik in the top 6, and guys like Burrows and Higgins able to fill in as well as Schroeder now (and Ebbett I guess too).

While I don't mind Colin Wilson, why do we give up so much for him? Both Schroeder and Raymond, and we give them a 2nd for their 5th? How is this a good deal for us, especially when we have plenty of young centers coming up in the next few years. Once Kesler's back, we'll be ok for centers, with Manny and Lappy in the bottom 6 and Kesler and Henrik in the top 6, and guys like Burrows and Higgins able to fill in as well as Schroeder now (and Ebbett I guess too).

We already have a lack of scoring with the absence of Kesler and Booth, we can't afford to take away more of our offence. I see this trade as a big downgrade overall.

And to those still saying Raymond sucks, watch him play without a bias, since he's been playing solid all season.

i think a good spot for luongo would be phoenix, im sure he would sell some tickets and he obviously likes hot places(florida) phoenix's goaltending is really bad, both their goalies are doing terribly and aren't getting any better.

Luongo, Schroeder, for mike smith/La Barbera, Korpikoski/bissonette, hanzal

So phoenix gets a good goalie and we get a pretty crapty goalie, but atleast they're inexpensive at 2m or 1.5m. They both have only 1 year left and im sure by next year Lack will be ready. We obviously need to take one to give them room for luongo, and for canucks to have a backup. Korpikoski/bissonette is the real value of the trade- both great prospects, young, playing well. And Hanzal fits that 3rd line center spot perfectly. He's 6"6, 240, and a great checker. He can score some points shown by last years playoffs. To fill in that void we trade Schroeder, hes good but we dont need him if we have hanzal, and hes small and canucks are trying to get big

Archived