The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Canucks vs Avs 3-0!

Crimson-JH

Solid effort by the team and a stellar performance by Luu. I missed half of the first period and didn't see his amazing knob of the stick save, so I thought for sure the play of the game was going to be Lappy's goal (which was a great effort and then solid finish). Great to see him and Garrison get on the scoreboard! Burrows was stellar on the PK, basically killed that 5 on 3 by himself, I don't think any other Canuck touched the puck during it.Team is really coming together and it's showing.

Have to get our PP fired up for Chicago though.

I for one have never said anything bad about Schneider nor will I as he is a good goalie but "I" don't think he is the better goalie especially at this time

All that matters is Luongo is playing well and he should get the start on Friday and hopefully pull out a big win

Perfect timing for this shutout. Playing against a weaker team, our defense stepped up, played much better in their own end, didn't let them take many clear shots on Luongo...right before we face arguably the best team in the league right now. Whoever starts on friday, the Canucks seems ready to put a good effort on matching them, it'll be a good test! Way to go!

I've never understood the mentality where if you prefer one goaltender over the other then that means you must HATE the other goalie. We have two of the top goalies in the league. We should be grateful for both.

But this situation cannot last. Players are used to systems, schedules, and knowing their position on the team. Fact is, this is great for Lu's trade value, but it would be ludicrous now to either keep both goalies, when we desparately need help in other positons, or to trade Cory and keep Luongo. Cory is 10 years younger, is a million or more cheaper, and has outperformed Lu in the last 2 years in the regular season and playoffs. And he will only get better as Lu declines. And that's without even mentioning how nervous the club (and me!) would be with Lu going into the playoffs. He has had more than his fair share of chances to master the mental demons that show up every year.

I'm happy for Lu, but Canucks have got to stick with the plan.

GHEESH!!

7 game sample and you conclude this?!!

Go grab another Fosters, put some shrimp on the barby and leave the goaltending analysis to rational minds.

Typical over reaction ; Luo has a couple good games with one shutout(which was not a steal) and Luo = God. Cory has a coulpe so/so games and one shutout( which I beleave was the more difficult win) and Cory = not ready. You're awesome DownUndacanuck you are always good for a laugh.

"Spectacular"? C'mon, Lou had maybe 6 tough saves all night against what was basically an AHL team with a goalie doing his best Lou-in-the-playoffs imitation. If anything Lou should be taking the refs out for dinner. Also congratulations to AV for further muddying the already confusing goaltending picture here by tossing Lou the easy softball game. Watch Schneider ask for a trade if this keeps up. I for one would laugh if that happened.

The only reason Schneider was dubbed our starter was because he had 3 good games in the playoffs and Luongo had 2. Sorry but that's not reason to overthrow one of the league's best goalies.

Luongo is back and deserves his starting job again. Schneider has been brutal so far, Luongo has been spectacular and AV is going with whoever gives his team the best chance to win, which is Luongo. He better not sit a red-hot goalie coming off a shutout - it's Luongo's game against Chicago. Big game for a big game player which will really decide his fate as starter on this team. If Luongo plays well against Chicago and gets our team the win look-out Schneider...

For all of you Schneider stats fans out there who thought he deserves to be the starter because of his good stats last year, have a look at this:

Schneider - GAA of 3.13, Save % of 0.897

Luongo - GAA of 1.61, Save % of 0.938

Sorry but Luongo was, is and will be the Canucks best goalie ever. Schneider, take a seat and watch how it's done because you're clearly not ready for the big job.

Congrats Luuuuu! He looked so much more poised and calm out there. Great to know he's still a Canuck

Much better effort all around

Nice effort on the goals by Lapierre and Garrison, and a great play on the goal by Sasquatch aka Kassian

The D's played much better today. Less trouble clearing the zone and a fantastic effort defensively on the PK.

Burrows in particular was fantastic.

Good win

Congrats Luuuuu! He looked so much more poised and calm out there. Great to know he's still a Canuck

Much better effort all around

Nice effort on the goals by Lapierre and Garrison, and a great play on the goal by Sasquatch aka Kassian

The D's played much better today. Less trouble clearing the zone and a fantastic effort defensively on the PK.

Burrows in particular was fantastic.

Good win

Is it?

Or is it a typical over reaction to name an unproven goaltender as the #1 over a proven 12 year veteran elite goaltender after he starts 3 playoff games?

You decide.

Which, by the way, I have not heard either our GM or coach utter from their mouths - that Schneider is the "#1". It's all been the media and fans.

I guess you are hard of hearing when the GM has been interviewed a number of times about trading Luo and has never once said Luo is not being traded. Rather the GM has said "Luo has a say in where he is going to go and we have had offers","but we will not do a deal until we think that deal is right for the team".

Archived