The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis on 1040

Edlerberry

Listening to Trevor Linden interviewed gives the fan the real take on Luongo and Schneider.

That interview is available after the Gillis lawyer speak.

Trevor Linden joined Matt Sekeres on Thursday afternoon, and shared some thoughts on the Canucks goaltending:

Trevor Linden – on goalie situation

http://www.teamradio.ca/news/mike-gillis-on-canucks-goaltending-and-kesler-health/

Yea you can do that on yahoo. For example, here is Luongos career split stats http://sports.yahoo....LYF?year=career

If you want someone else's on the Canucks just use the roster drop down at the top. If you are registered in a fantasy team on yahoo you can use the search box, otherwise it will give u general news.

Edit: Just realized he is only below 0.910 against 3 teams in the league...Ducks, Wild, and...Canucks.

I hope people can just give the goalie thing a rest, why would we want to get rid of one of the goalies this year. Just doesn't make sense in the shorten season.

Also I remember a guy posted a post telling about the bruins goalie situation for a few yrs & how they wanted Thomas and gone and he comes back and steals the show to win the cup. Now Thomas is gone & the bruins still have the young stud Rask.

contracts aside Luongo right now gives you the better trade value

he is established as an elite number 1 starting goalie

Schneider still needs to be left in the net to know what it means to be a starter give him 15-20 games in a row not this season obviously but next season if he is indeed the future of the Canucks goal tending

seems Gillis really went out of his way to defend Cory

The most interesting thing he said was that based on his experience, a situation like Cory and Lu is a distraction in the room. THe other players are aware of the desire of each guy to play and see who starts and who doesn't. He doesn't believe they can hang onto both.

He said LU never expected to be back this year but now tht he is, no way would he be happy playing back-up.

Just as interesting, is listening to Cory's interview. Anyone who has worked in HR can pretty quickly tell he is not happy with the current situation though he chose his words carefully. It's interesting that he didn't even find out from AV he wasn't playing. He got to practise and heard nothing so assumed he wasn't playing until the goalie coach came and told him. Confirms my suspicions about AV and his megalomaniac personality and explains why the players in Montreal called him Mr. arrogant. Talk about a lack of sensitivity to the situation!!1

Let me guess, you're a motivational speaker.

Whether they make $10/hr or $6million/yr, these are people and how they are treated does impact their performance.

A good coach finds the trigger for every player on his team and uses it to get the most out of them. Even hard coaches like D Sutter communicate with thier players however harsh it might be. To have no dialogue, no relationship is not an effective to get the most from anyone, Pro or not.

Your mother must have bottle fed you! You sound like you've got a bad case of "mommy doesn't love me blues".

Archived