The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to wear Millionaires V

Strombone1

I am of two minds on this. On the one hand I love it when the NHL brings back old jerseys for a few games but in this case it feels like a bit of a forced format for me. The Millionaires and the Canucks have nothing in common other than the city that they played in and the fact that the Millionaires won a Cup in their brief existence and the Canucks have not in what seems like forever. This leaves the impression that the Canucks are trying to celebrate the success of a team that they have no real connection with because they have so little of their own (BTW this isn't MY opinion but it certainly could be the opinion of critics of the whole vintage jersey movement of which there are a few). To me it would be a bit like the Wild playing a few games in the old North Star jerseys or Columbus using the old Barons jerseys. As an avid jersey nut I have to ask myself; would I buy one? Last July, sure. After the lockout, no way.

I'd definitely pick up the millionaires third.

Hopefully this indicates the Orca will soon be out the door and the stick-in-rink will be promoted to full time home and away. Then with the millionaires third we'd be one of the sharpest looking teams in the league.

Archived