The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider Interview

Erik Karlsson

Well he did sign a contract that should be fit for a number 1 goalie, and I'd say he's been pretty patient over the years waiting for his spot and this was supposed to be his year as a number 1 finally, so I can see why he would be somewhat pissed off. Lu is just playing too good not to play him though.

lou and cory should start giving identical responses everytime the question is asked. just make a joke of it. "we are taking it one game at a time...theres no i in team" see how many ways they can say it. in different accents and volumes. sometimes wispering and sometimes totally intense.

This is what i've been wondering since he signed it, if they think he's the new #1 and supposed future of our goaltending then why only a 3 year deal? why not 5 or 6+?

Almost seems like they aren't 100% ready to fully commit to him yet and want to see how the next couple years go, just like Montreal with Subban and only signing him for 2 years

So glad the CDCers are not the GM or Coach of this team. This is a short season, we have two goalies who are both 1a and 1a. Both are paid handsomely and are both are professionals. Both honestly care about the team and both want whats best for the team. Eventually Lui will get dealt and CS will be #1 until then, it is a situation where we have a good problem, two elite goalies and you ride the hot hand.

How can people not see this? Cory is mad, just as mad as Luongo has been given he signed a 10+ year contract but lost is #1 spot.

In the same interview Schneids also said he was well aware that this scenario could play out like this so I don't for one second believe that Gillis did not have the same conversation with both Lui and Schneids about the possibility of this happening.

Schneids is just pissed off at himself for not taking advantage of the situation right now. He knows he's the goalie going forward but he's just disappointed and showing his competitive nature while still being the good teammate.

Meanwhile, Lui is loving this from the standpoint that he knows he's playing with house money so no pressure on him...he's just having fun. I remember his prophetic comments during the one week training camp where he made the analogy to his Olympic gold medal performance and how he'd come into that situation as the back-up and that we all know how that ended up. I figured right then and there that Lui was going to be focussed to not give up his starting position that easily.

lou and cory should start giving identical responses everytime the question is asked. just make a joke of it. "we are taking it one game at a time...theres no i in team" see how many ways they can say it. in different accents and volumes. sometimes wispering and sometimes totally intense.

Get a life, he was told he was going to be the starter here that's why he signed the contact. Right now he is not getting the chance and AV is doing his best to fuel the fire.

You think Lou is really want to stay here the fans will boo him off the ice the first flop he has again most want him gone. Pissing off Cory is just short sighted we may end up with two goalie that want out.

So glad the CDCers are not the GM or Coach of this team. This is a short season, we have two goalies who are both 1a and 1a. Both are paid handsomely and are both are professionals. Both honestly care about the team and both want whats best for the team. Eventually Lui will get dealt and CS will be #1 until then, it is a situation where we have a good problem, two elite goalies and you ride the hot hand.

How can people not see this? Cory is mad, just as mad as Luongo has been given he signed a 10+ year contract but lost is #1 spot.

Get a life, he was told he was going to be the starter here that's why he signed the contact. Right now he is not getting the chance and AV is doing his best to fuel the fire.

You think Lou is really want to stay here the fans will boo him off the ice the first flop he has again most want him gone. Pissing off Cory is just short sighted we may end up with two goalie that want out.

Sorry, but his contract wasn't really a convincing 'starter' one to begin with. He's not getting the chance because he's been outplayed. He's still played as many games, Luongo is just playing right now since he's been playing better. Same thing happened last year when Schnedier was playing good even when Luongo came back from injury.

I already thought it was funny when Schneider signed and they gave him the option to walk at the end. It's not entirely impossible that after Luongo is moved Schneider isn't happy with the media or team and walks at the end of his contract as well. Then it really would be a goalie graveyard.

I am personally annoyed at the media so I would not be shocked if our goalies are mad at the media, I did not hear the interview in question but on the news last night they played a small clip of Schenids being interviewed and asked him about Lu starting tonight, he said he was fine with it but did look really annoyed, but I think it was probably more because the media is being stupid and won't drop it!

Archived