The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider Interview

Erik Karlsson

Guys, Schneids is still being as calm and professional as ever. You only hear anger if you're looking for it, and there is none.

Even when asked about how rude AV is for only telling the starter who the starter is, he doesn't bite.

The ones that think there's anger are just as bad as the reporters pulling for it.

Frankly, I'm amazed he's not upset. The guy's attitude is like 1-percentile. Impenetrable. Ridiculously mature.

Lou didn't play any better in the LA game then Cory did in the SJ game and Lou didn't win the LA game to top it off so the avalanche game should have been Cory's. it's hard not to look good playing vs. Colorado so it was more or less set up that the golie that played the avalanche would play Chicago.

I think Lou should get the start vs. Chicago because he just played a good game but Cory would have played well vs. the avalanche as well.

I still think this is just showcasing Lou and in time we will see but if its not then AV is making a mess of things and pissing off Cory.

Lets think about why Lou is being traded.... Playoff flops.... We all know Lou plays well in the regular season. If its not showcasing AV is making a huge mistake pissing off Cory. Cory has a right to be pissed as well he signed with the Canucks when he didn't have to because Lou had asked for a trade and MG said he would trade him.

If he's pissed about Lu playing, that's one thing.

If he's pissed about the media and all the stupid questions they ask, each and every day? That's another.

Both goalies are great, although I guess I do have a bit of a preference for Schneider. I feel a bit bad for Schneider and just hope this won't affect his confidence/performance. To me, he's our #1, but it makes sense to go with Luongo for now. It's a shortened season, so we definitely don't have as much leeway in terms of losses. Loungo's on a hot streak right now and we're facing a tough oppononent tonight, so it's logical to me to put Luongo in net against the Blackhawks.

Luongo remains patient and quite for over a season now and Schneider gets upset publically after being benched for a few games. He's not entitled to the job. No goaltender is. If someone is out playing you then you should've played better. Tough and he'll have to deal with it.

I doubt Cory feels entitled to anything, dont you guys know who youre talking about?

Cory busted his rump in a back up position for a really long time. Hes always been all smiles. A respectable person and a supportive team mate.

HIM AND LU ARE FRIENDS and have both openly admitted it. I dont understand why everyone thinks hes whining about anything except maybe stupid interview questions.

On that note, im not sure why he accepted the interview. He should have known that it was all that they wanted to talk about.These goalies could really help themselves by just dodging the press for a while. How hard can it be?

I wish both goalies luck and will bet they put Cory In once Lu loses.

Unless we get a backup goalie back, we will need to keep Lu until lack feels better anyway, so lets do what we need to do to get points in this shortened season.

Guys, Schneids is still being as calm and professional as ever. You only hear anger if you're looking for it, and there is none.

Even when asked about how rude AV is for only telling the starter who the starter is, he doesn't bite.

The ones that think there's anger are just as bad as the reporters pulling for it.

Frankly, I'm amazed he's not upset. The guy's attitude is like 1-percentile. Impenetrable. Ridiculously mature.

I doubt Cory feels entitled to anything, dont you guys know who youre talking about?

Cory busted his rump in a back up position for a really long time. Hes always been all smiles. A respectable person and a supportive team mate.

HIM AND LU ARE FRIENDS and have both openly admitted it. I dont understand why everyone thinks hes whining about anything except maybe stupid interview questions.

On that note, im not sure why he accepted the interview. He should have known that it was all that they wanted to talk about.These goalies could really help themselves by just dodging the press for a while. How hard can it be?

I wish both goalies luck and will bet they put Cory In once Lu loses.

Unless we get a backup goalie back, we will need to keep Lu until lack feels better anyway, so lets do what we need to do to get points in this shortened season.

So because he signed a contract with the nucks, he has a right to pissed the company he works for wants to try different things? I thought signing a contract means he gets paid by the nucks and needs to do what the company wants him to do just like Lu did.

The contract does not entitle him to be the starter, just like it does not entitle Lu to be the starter. For crying out loud people, this is a business first (didn't people learn this during the LOCK OUTS in the past?) and spectator sport second or third.

In the same interview Schneids also said he was well aware that this scenario could play out like this so I don't for one second believe that Gillis did not have the same conversation with both Lui and Schneids about the possibility of this happening.

Schneids is just pissed off at himself for not taking advantage of the situation right now. He knows he's the goalie going forward but he's just disappointed and showing his competitive nature while still being the good teammate.

Meanwhile, Lui is loving this from the standpoint that he knows he's playing with house money so no pressure on him...he's just having fun. I remember his prophetic comments during the one week training camp where he made the analogy to his Olympic gold medal performance and how he'd come into that situation as the back-up and that we all know how that ended up. I figured right then and there that Lui was going to be focussed to not give up his starting position that easily.

Don't know why he's getting pissed about it publicly - just causes a rift on the team.

Also, he's getting paid the same amount whether he plays or not.

It's still the beginning of the season - does he want to end up like COHO?

What happened to "doing whatever's best for the team"...oh wait...I think Luongo said that....

Archived